Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Prowler 650 with no spark. I took it to an Arctic Cat Cat Master dealer and they had it a month. They worked directly with Arctic Cat tech support and swapped out the stator and CDI box with no luck.

I picked it up and took it to another Cat Mater dealer last week. I called them today and they looked at the stator and determined that it had been changed. They already knew this as Arctic Cat had forwarded a list of parts that had been tried to me. At any rate they can't get spark and they tell me they're waiting for direction from Tech support.

Any ideas? Any good Cat mechanics in central or northewestern Wisconsin?

·
Registered
583 Posts
I have a 2006 Prowler 650 with no spark. I took it to an Arctic Cat Cat Master dealer and they had it a month. They worked directly with Arctic Cat tech support and swapped out the stator and CDI box with no luck.

I picked it up and took it to another Cat Mater dealer last week. I called them today and they looked at the stator and determined that it had been changed. They already knew this as Arctic Cat had forwarded a list of parts that had been tried to me. At any rate they can't get spark and they tell me they're waiting for direction from Tech support.

Any ideas? Any good Cat mechanics in central or northewestern Wisconsin?
What about plug, plug wire and coil?

·
Registered
583 Posts
New plug, new coil, new stator.

I didn't ask them about the plug wire. I would think 2 different Cat dealers would have tried that.
I would ask. Start with the obvious first. I would also check grounds. The online shop manual has a test procedure outlined thats pretty easy to follow if you have a volt/ohm meter. The AC guys should be able to figure this out. I should hit the lottery too.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I started to write a troubleshooting thing for testing a standard coil and then I looked at the wiring diagram after and realized it wasn't anything close to the one in my XTZ.

·
Registered
404 Posts
what did u find out about your no spark on your prowler ?
Welcome to the site go rilla, I'm not sure your going to get a reply. The forum content you are looking at is almost 2 1/2 yrs old. The individual never come back to state what the problem was.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts