Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got everything back together battery charged and checked shows 12.8 volts went to turn the key you can hear the fuel pump kick on and the dash cluster do its thing. When I go to turn to start it clicks from the selenoid no start nothing. So I checked the volts coming out of the selenoid and it was 0 so I tried to jump the selenoid with screwdriver and still nothing. I figure a bad selenoid but if I was to jump it shouldn't that turn the starter over?

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
If you by-pass the solenoid it should turn over. How old is the battery, and is it in good shape? When my starter went south, the solenoid would click, but the starter would not engage. The voltage read 4.5 volts, and dropping rapidly.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I got everything back together battery charged and checked shows 12.8 volts went to turn the key you can hear the fuel pump kick on and the dash cluster do its thing. When I go to turn to start it clicks from the selenoid no start nothing. So I checked the volts coming out of the selenoid and it was 0 so I tried to jump the selenoid with screwdriver and still nothing. I figure a bad selenoid but if I was to jump it shouldn't that turn the starter over?
...might want to double check all the connections from the battery to the starter and be sure you have a solid ground. Or maybe a bad/dead spot on the starters armature.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found out the gear where the starter turns the crank is jammed . So I will be taking the magneto cover off in the am to get my hands on those gears.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
This can be done with the motor in place. Might be the starter gear one way bearing failed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts