Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i step out of gas and when engine start braking it starts. Its loud knocling that slows down when slowing down but only if engine brakes. Whats the proplem?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
So it has nothing to do with you physically hitting the brakes?

If not, maybe your one way bearing going out....

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
So it has nothing to do with you physically hitting the brakes?

If not, maybe your one way bearing going out....
I think it is when he let's off the gas it starts making the noise,that's when the engine brake starts working,not sure if it would be the one way bearing or not.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is hard to replace?

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
You have to remove the Primary, and Secondary clutches, and remove the inner cover. It is on the wet clutch shaft. Gaskets can be reused if your careful. Make sure to Locktite, or better yet replace the nut!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what is part number: 0832-047 ?

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
:eek: i meant is that the part i need: one way bearing. and if is not what might be one way bearing part number?
The oneway bearing number is 0823-018.......72 dollars.................

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i will call my dealer tomorrow and let him to order that one way bearing.
when i try to start with gear on H or L it start but not without gas and it barely runs idle with gear on. would it be one way bearing or something else...
this morning everything was fine when i rode work and when i left back home that knocking noise starts when engine was braking...

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
If you don't care about engine braking I think someone said you can just do away with it.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Sound's like the one way bearing might be going bad,you can do without it if you want to but you will have no engine braking under 10 mph..or it could be something else.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I believe the whole reason for the one way bearing is for engine braking. So it sounds like it is going bad to me. It is easy to replace like RD said. Before spending the money, you could troubleshoot it by taking the one way bearing out and driving it and see if it still makes the noise. The downside to that is the hassle of taking it apart and putting it back together a couple of times. Plus you are supposed to drain the oil if you crack open that part of the case. Up to you, but might be worth it just to throw a new one in the first time and hope you get lucky.....:D Just make sure you put it back in in the right direction.

Personally, if you are going to be into your motor that far already, good time to change your oil pump "driven" gear to the new style if it doesn't have it already. Just a little added insurance as some of the old style were known to fail. Just ask Missouri Mike.....

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
knocking sound comes only when going forward when the engine brakes. when you drive backward, and when the engine brakes there is no knocking sound.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Might want to start with just checking the belt.. I've heard similar noises with a shredded belt..

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I opened the cvt cover but everything seems to be ok.
Can you notice some difrent when runs engine without cvt cover if one way bearing is going bad?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I opened the cvt cover but everything seems to be ok.
Can you notice some difrent when runs engine without cvt cover if one way bearing is going bad?
Not really sure on that. I do know just don't drive the machine without the cover on. The cover helps support the primary, and you can do some damage if you drive the vehicle like that without the cover. Doesn't hurt anything to rev it up in neutral. Just don't drive it. So I've heard.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts