Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,got 06 prowler xt,10 year old been bombing around in yard with cat,dad finally got achance to drive,makes ugly noise when slowing down not using brakes,fast or slow decel don't make difference.Rplaced rear pads and e-brake cable awhile ago(cable stuck,junked pads)was bomobing in 4x4,when not needed,has 14"general grabber at tires,t-case,driveshaft ?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Welcome aboard! If i am understanding it right you hear some noise when step up the throttle? If it is so, i got same problem and i dont know where the noise is coming from! Are you sure that it is coming from rear brake pads?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Sounds to me like it may be your one way bearing if you are talking about decel noise without using your brakes.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
sounds to me like it may be your one way bearing if you are talking about decel noise without using your brakes.
kinda what i was thinking,if he is not using the pedal,but i did notice on mine it would still chatter going slow around a corner without touching the brakes.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I could hear mine chatter when slowing down without hitting the pedal or lightly pressing the pedal, hit it hard and it would stop.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like a candidate,any other testing to determine if that is the culprit,where would that be at,new do this world of vebicle

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the site info,downloaded fine,hope i can find it later if i remember where i saved it to

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Sounds like a candidate,any other testing to determine if that is the culprit,where would that be at,new do this world of vebicle
dadscat You could pull the rear caliper off and see if that eliminate's the noise.:)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Do what Mike said and pull off the rear caliper. When I was troubleshooting the noise on mine, I pulled off the rear caliper. I also disconnected it at the master cylinder and blocked it off with a bolt. You will have to bleed your brakes through all of this, but at least it should tell you for sure whether the noise is in your brakes or something else.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
do what mike said and pull off the rear caliper. When i was troubleshooting the noise on mine, i pulled off the rear caliper. I also disconnected it at the master cylinder and blocked it off with a bolt. You will have to bleed your brakes through all of this, but at least it should tell you for sure whether the noise is in your brakes or something else.
shane i wonder if you just tie the caliber up to something.

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
If you tie it up connected it may pop a piston out of the caliper if you apply the brakes, not sure how much travel they have. Just my thoughts.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
If you tie it up connected it may pop a piston out of the caliper if you apply the brakes, not sure how much travel they have. Just my thoughts.
That's true,never thought of that,maybe put something between the pads.????????????

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
I learned that the hard way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
welcome to the family!!!:D

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
That's true,never thought of that,maybe put something between the pads.????????????
You could probably zip tie something between the pads and secure it to avoid risking damage to the piston if you wanted to avoid completely removing and bleeding the brakes.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
use/apply the emergency brake SLOWELY to stop it .. caliper being off won't matter then

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Forgot to ask, How's your knee doing? 60%, 80%, or more? I about 80% after the flu, actually going to get dressed today, and try some fresh air! Wife wants to learn how to plow with the prowler! She has driven it some and has ridden with me while I plowed, so it should go fairly well, if not there is always drink until the horror has past! LOL

1 - 20 of 28 Posts