Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a used 2009 1000XTZ it is very noisey I almost have to wear earplugs is this normal for these and if so would it harm it to line the cover with engine sound and heat insulation used under truck hoods?
Thank You for all your help

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Thats what most people do to cut down on the noise and find a way to seal the space between the seats and the bed

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
No problem

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rattle

I just bought a 2009 700XT EFI and it is very loud as well. It almost sounds like it has a rattle or tick in the top end. A couple people have told that's just the way they sound. Anyone have any advice? It only has about 900 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
might need valves adjusted,joe what do you think,you know these machines.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I just bought a 2009 700XT EFI and it is very loud as well. It almost sounds like it has a rattle or tick in the top end. A couple people have told that's just the way they sound. Anyone have any advice? It only has about 900 miles on it.
i adjust my valve on my 700 about every 2500 miles, the rollers in the clutch can also give off a knock or tick that sounds like the top end. mine has sounded the same since day one, the big single bore motorsare usually pretty noisy, all my 450 dirt bikes made alot of noise compared to my wifes dirt bike.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I agree... most likely the valves.. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if it is the valves they will get louder with higher RPM's? Should have a rattling/chattering sound.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
noise

i can here that in my xt 650 h1 also.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I've put Dyamat Extreme and their hood deadner on the under side of my engine cover and working a something to close off the area between the bed. It does help a little but not sure if the Dyamat was worth the cost. It does help with heat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts