Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 07 Prowler 650. Main complaint is with the noise coming from the intakes etc. Anyone our there have any suggestions on how to silence this problem:confused:

·
Registered
291 Posts
I insulated the engine cover with rubatex insulation. It is a closed cell rubber insulation that you have to glue in. It made a world of difference in the amount of noise and heat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried some form of insulation once, something like insulation used inside car panels, forget name of it now, and ended up cooking my coil. Where did you find this rubatex?? Will certainly give it a try. I also tried blocking up the area between dump box and seats which was probably not a good idea as it caused too much heat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I tried some form of insulation once, something like insulation used inside car panels, forget name of it now, and ended up cooking my coil. Where did you find this rubatex?? Will certainly give it a try. I also tried blocking up the area between dump box and seats which was probably not a good idea as it caused too much heat.
I use Dynamat its a name brand hi temp cheapest place is Ebay

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rubatex is the way to go. My father-in law used rubatex on his and then applied it to mine. BIG difference!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply on Rubatex. I am in Canada and trying to find out were I can get this Rubatex. Do you have any idea on the type and amount you had to use. Thanks. Spike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much of the Rubatex did you have to use and any specific type as there appears to be many types. Thanks Spike

·
Registered
291 Posts
rubatex

It takes one sheet. I have soom if you need it, just let me know where to ship it to. I will take a picture of mine to give you an idea of how i did it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That would be great if you had some. I live in Manitoba, Canada, P.O. Box 989, Carberry, Manitoba, R0K 0H0. Thanks for the reply. Spike

·
Registered
56 Posts
I insulated the engine cover with rubatex insulation. It is a closed cell rubber insulation that you have to glue in. It made a world of difference in the amount of noise and heat.
Did you ever get a chance to take a picture of how you installed your sound barrier? I am picking up a XTX next weekend and I need to do something to quite it down inside the cab. I am have the new AC heated installed and few other options. Can’t wait.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts