Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

So, I have 2012 550, i have a lot of noise coming from my front wheels and the back from somewhere. The thing is I have takenit to northern power sports here in fairbanks, ak probably about 6 or 7 times. When i take it to them they seemed to not be able to fix it. They keep telling me tat that is the way arctic cats do and there is nothing they can do aout it. But that is so hard to believe, is there someone out there that is having the same problem and if so do you have any ideas on how to fix it. Because it is very embarassing that every time i ride it it sounds like a bunch of sqeaky mice. Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, I'm down in Kenai. Wasn't totally happy with my 2011 XTX 700 when I first got it. Was way touchy on throttle, transmission seemed noisy, and the brake noise from back was terrible. After about 50 miles things seemed to seat in and now happy. How many miles you have? Big nasty mud run for break in at Eureka helped mine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, I'm down in Kenai. Wasn't totally happy with my 2011 XTX 700 when I first got it. Was way touchy on throttle, transmission seemed noisy, and the brake noise from back was terrible. After about 50 miles things seemed to seat in and now happy. How many miles you have? Big nasty mud run for break in at Eureka helped mine.
I have about 750 miles on it.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Sounds like grit in your brakes... mine will do that on occasion when I ride in sandy areas. You probably just need to adjust your brake shoe type for your kind of riding. I put on EBC severe duty pads all around on my prowler and it cut down big time on the noise, well worth the money and might offer you an easy fix.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rotors and pads look good they just squeak all the time. alipers dont slide either. can you or anyone elsle suggest a good brand of brake pads

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
brakes

i would say EBC,unless you have been in lots of mud,i mean more than most,with that kind of miles it should not make that kind of noise all the time.as far as the back brakes i dont know if your having the same problem with chatter like some of the other members did.i have got 1550 miles on the front brakes which are what come on it new and they will make some noise in the dust or mud but it always goes away.............

1 - 10 of 10 Posts