Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is that ungodly noisy whine that these prowlers make coming from the drive train? Is it a clutch whine? Something to do with the engine brake? These things are so noisy it's almost unbearable! My brother has a Wildcat 1000 with over 9000 miles on it and he plays music running down a forest road. No way you could do this with the Prowler! And I know a guy with a 650 Prowler and the same complaint! Can't run without ear plugs or you'd go deaf!!! Help please........ TIA

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
pad the bottom of the dog house with Dynamat available from many sources like Summit Racing , Jegs ... also behind the seats the rear wall area .. anyplace you can put it on / in will help

it will help the heat issue too ... but they are all noisy and the earlier models have lots of tranny noise.

the Wildcat engine location is better for the interior noise BY FAR

BTW .. fill in your signature line so we know what ya have year / model helps for replies

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
That's my only complaint with my Prowler.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
808 Posts
I had gear issues, there was a run of bad gears that were not hardened correctly in 09-10 time frame. I replied to your other post.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Yup, they whine just like a wife!LOL

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Yes Indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
now that's a great idea , good luck at the dinner table after/if she reads this LOL

·
Registered
518 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
More importantly, if only you could turn them ON with a key.
Can't argue with that! :)>:)>:) tradesgirl is going to be on here kicking our butts ;)

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Opps! Me Bad!LOL

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had gear issues, there was a run of bad gears that were not hardened correctly in 09-10 time frame. I replied to your other post.

So just wondering Diesel Racer. Did you swap the gears out? If so, did it make a difference? Big job?

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
My 700 must be OK! I've never found any metal flakes in the oil. Great picture BTW.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
What is that ungodly noisy whine that these prowlers make coming from the drive train? Is it a clutch whine? Something to do with the engine brake? These things are so noisy it's almost unbearable! My brother has a Wildcat 1000 with over 9000 miles on it and he plays music running down a forest road. No way you could do this with the Prowler! And I know a guy with a 650 Prowler and the same complaint! Can't run without ear plugs or you'd go deaf!!! Help please........ TIA
LOL They are noisy..............When I had my prowler i bought headsets so we could talk to each other........

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I guess after 7,500 miles mine were OK! LOL

·
Registered
808 Posts
mine started an ear bleeding whine at 15-20 mph on acceleration and quiet as a mouse on decel.at about 1200 miles but I was pulling a 1500lb groomer drag loaded with snow for 2 yrs. Still think I have an issue with the SLD. I have the eliminator kit just haven't gotten around to putting it in..

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
700s did not have the Shock Load Dampener. I can see where they might be a problem!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts