Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all..newby here to the forums..I have a jetting question...I will be going to the rocky mtns for a guided tour with some buddies and I need to find out what the rule of thumb is for altitude jetting..I live in Az and my prowler runs great with stock jetting..The Rv park I will be going to is at 9500' then we will be cruising thru passes up there that reach nearly 13000'...if stock jet size is 132, should I drop at least two to three sizes..? i have an 08 prowler..any help would be great..thx

·
Registered
105 Posts
I would go one size to be safe then put red rollers in the clutch. It's unfortunate but it's going to be a dog at that altitude.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Welcome to the site Huge.My opinion would be to go down two sizes and take some nitro propane.I know going from phoenix to flag going down one size was ok if i dropped the needle one too.I know everybody is freaking out about the nitro comment.Nitro propane is way safe and easy.You can buy it at bike shops around town.Contains oxygen so the altitude does not bother your engine so bad with the altitude.Comes in cans and i would mix one half of a can with 5 gals.
Another option would be to run oxygenated race fuel.
Very good advice about the clutch rollers too.
Would be great to see some pics of your trip.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts