Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, new member here. I bought a 2015 leftover (new) 700XT this summer, and have been surprised at the lack of available info out there on these newer Prowlers from actual users. The aftermarket also seems a bit sluggish on them, seeing that they have been out for a few years now. I thought I would join to see what other people are doing with their newer machines, as well as help with any questions that I can! I have added the most recent pic of my rig, after installing the lift kit.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Lot of great members here! Looks like you have a great machine with a lot of added items! I have a old 2009! LOL The 650/700 engine family is very popular. Same basic design since 2007. Many interchangeable parts. So now I'll put you on the spot, how do you like your machine? Will we see you on the Cheese Trails? Keep the pictures coming as we are a simple bunch! LOL

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Welcome to the site, Prowlers are good machines just not a lot of them out there. I've got a couple friends with 900 RZR's and they are always breaking down, I hauled another one home a couple days ago when the rear driveshaft popped off. He said they've been having problems with that along with a bunch of other recalls.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
welcome to the house .. lots of very good knowledge here especially in the 650-700's

stop in often and join the BS'in

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum! Lot of great members here! Looks like you have a great machine with a lot of added items! I have a old 2009! LOL The 650/700 engine family is very popular. Same basic design since 2007. Many interchangeable parts. So now I'll put you on the spot, how do you like your machine? Will we see you on the Cheese Trails? Keep the pictures coming as we are a simple bunch! LOL
Thanks, and so far I love it. I have only had a few small things that I have had to tweak, but luckily I am willing and capable to do so. If you are referring to the cheese trails in WI, I havn't been to those yet, but you will most likely see me there now, always looking for new places to travel to lol. I go to Black River Falls every year, and this year I will be taking this, and can't wait. I have got plenty of pics, just have to figure out which threads are appropriate to post them lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To mlh1962

I knew that I didn't want a pure sport machine, those RZRs are very powerful but yes, they seem to break a lot of stuff when trying to put the power down. They are also are difficult to service and to get to stuff. I love how simple this Prowler is to service, accessing the "engine bay" is such a breeze. I looked at Rangers before I got this, and I just didn't quite like it as much. Very happy with this machine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
welcome to the house .. lots of very good knowledge here especially in the 650-700's

stop in often and join the BS'in
Thanks! Will do!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
, just have to figure out which threads are appropriate to post them lol.

newsboy's have to wait till XX posts before you can ad pic's , not sure why

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Looks good with the lift kit! If you want to add more stuff, we can sure help you spend your money! Cheese trails are F U N!!! We are from eastern-eastern Iowa, far east as you can get without getting wet from the Mississippi! Keep in touch, we will set up a Cheese Trail get together!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Welcome aboard. In the Quad Cities so not far from you, either. Was planning on hitting Spragueville, IA sometime this year for a day ride.

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
What is in Spragueville, IA ? May be something us folks from Michigan might like!

·
Registered
518 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Ya, we went with Mudman a few years ago when it was first opened. Hard to get a side by side through, at that time. Paths were narrow. The mud was DEEP! I think he has widened the trails, since. I know a lot of people have torn their SXS's up perty bad, there. But it's all in jow you run them! If you beat em too bad, they are gonna break! I'm game for another jounce through. Name a time, its a nice day trip...

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
May have to sign up for that one!

·
Registered
518 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It is super bright, just a $40 eBay unit. Be sure to get the model with CREE leds. Well worth it.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Hey everyone, new member here. I bought a 2015 leftover (new) 700XT this summer, and have been surprised at the lack of available info out there on these newer Prowlers from actual users. The aftermarket also seems a bit sluggish on them, seeing that they have been out for a few years now. I thought I would join to see what other people are doing with their newer machines, as well as help with any questions that I can! I have added the most recent pic of my rig, after installing the lift kit.

Good looking machine,welcome to the prowler site,,,lots and lots of great info....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts