Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

oil change intervals on the XTZ

6K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Chance 
#1 ·
How often are you guys changing oil on the XTZ? How many miles should I go?

#5 ·
I just went to the bass pro shop this weekend (where i got mine) and asked the same question. They told me the first oil change should be at 100 miles and every 300 after that. They really stressed that do not fill up the oil past the bottom line of the dipstick. Meaning just have enough oil in it to touch the bottom of the dip stick. They said the oil needed room to bubble and if you fill it up to much thats how you get the blown head gasket. Dont know myself but thats what i was told.

#11 ·
I just went to the bass pro shop this weekend (where i got mine) and asked the same question. They told me the first oil change should be at 100 miles and every 300 after that. They really stressed that do not fill up the oil past the bottom line of the dipstick. Meaning just have enough oil in it to touch the bottom of the dip stick. They said the oil needed room to bubble and if you fill it up to much thats how you get the blown head gasket. Dont know myself but thats what i was told.
If you read the manual it says if you use arctic cat synthedic oil you can go 1000 miles
O.K., so we got a 300 and a 1000. Now what?

#8 ·
If you read the manual it says if you use arctic cat synthedic oil you can go 1000 miles

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.