Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure who all this applies to model wise but my xtz oil filter sits on the front of my engine.

does anyone have any tricks on how to catch the mass amount of oil that runs out of the filter neck when changing the oil, that does not require removing the skid plate?

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Not sure who all this applies to model wise but my xtz oil filter sits on the front of my engine.

does anyone have any tricks on how to catch the mass amount of oil that runs out of the filter neck when changing the oil, that does not require removing the skid plate?
I know on my 650 if I dont drop the skid plate it will get all over my skid plate when I drain the oil.

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
I split my skid plate, and replaced a section with 3/16" diamond plate. I now just drop the diamond plate section (it is about 18" wide) 4 bolts will drop it. Gives me a good view of the bottom side of the engine, and makes for a clean oil change! You can also split the stock plastic and do the same thing.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
I just use an old towel or rags,,stuff them down in there to cach oil when it falls

1 - 4 of 4 Posts