Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im new to the forum and had a question about an oil change i recently did on my prowler. this was my first time changing the oil after i purchased it and when i went to put the drain bolt back in it seemed like it did not want to tighten up? it just kept spinning after it was threaded all the way in. to me it seems like it is a stripped? is it normal for the bolt to do this or should it be nice and snug? thanks in advance for your input!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Should snug right up

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
sounds like Helicoil time :(

·
Registered
82 Posts
can u tell which is stripped the plug or the case? There is a simple fix, its a product called oil-tite by doorman u can get in different sizes. U put in hole and turn it causing the stem to buldge in hole. Seals oil tight and can be temporary fix or keep using. this is just quick fix without knowing all the detailes, hope this helps:)

·
Registered
82 Posts
U may want to look at fixing case with a TIME-SERT insert. Can purchase at automotive parts shop. Lots of U-tube videos to show u how to do it, quite easy. Hope this gets u running

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
hey guys im new to the forum and had a question about an oil change i recently did on my prowler. this was my first time changing the oil after i purchased it and when i went to put the drain bolt back in it seemed like it did not want to tighten up? it just kept spinning after it was threaded all the way in. to me it seems like it is a stripped? is it normal for the bolt to do this or should it be nice and snug? thanks in advance for your input!

Not sure what your year and model is but if you have a little time I would just buy the bottom plate from the dealer and your fixed

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 14 of 14 Posts