Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm now working on replacing stator on my prowler . Might as well Ive had to replace everything else . I pulled stator cover to find oil in cover. Ive never seen a machine with oil in this area, so my question is this normal? I didn't think it was so I started looking for parts to fix but couldn't find. Contacted a dealer and he was told that its normal by artic cat. If its not, how do I replace seal ....Part # what puller tool do I need to pull flywheel ?
Thanks in advance

2010 Artic cat Prowler 1000
For sale cheap btw

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Try looking at the Arctic Cat Store, they show all of the part numbers, and how the assemblies fit together.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep tried that with no luck . its sounding like "its normal" but AC is not super helpful . hopefully I can just put it back together and be done with it

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
I had trace amounts of oil in the stator, looking at how it was assembled, and the crank bearing is open to the flywheel, and magneto. The only seal I found is on the cover, My is a 700 and the seal is held in by a plate with 3 screws. The way the cases are made, I don't see how there would not be any oil present. From what I see, isn't your oil fill bolted on the cover?

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Brain dead here! Welcome to the forum!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts