Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

Oil leak Belt Cover

6K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  de3 
#1 ·
Received all my new repair parts today, Cat is ready to go back together. The leak was because of the o-ring on the fixed spacer, the inside of the spacer accumulated a bunch of crud, and the o-rind developed a small nick in it. I probably did not need to press the clutch housing out of the housing to repair it, but better now than tearing it down twice. I'll know more tomorrow when I go back to the shop. I know you can remove the spacer, and o-ring from the front (outboard side)of the inner belt cover, not sure on the inner seal I think that has to be R&R'ed from the inner side. I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

#3 · (Edited)
I'm heading to my friends shop to press the new seal, bearing, and clutch housing into the inner belt housing.

Attachments

#4 ·
Back from the shop, took a lot longer than anticipated! The seal I ordered needs replaced (damaged in transit), thankfully the shop was working on another 700 and they let me have the seal out of one! Got lucky! The Prowler they were repairing was the result of jumping at full throttle, and never lifting! Unit also received a new piston! Major repair bill on that one! Mine will be ready tomorrow, I quit work for the night! Next Project is a hydraulic press for the shop!

#5 ·
back from the shop, took a lot longer than anticipated! The seal i ordered needs replaced (damaged in transit), thankfully the shop was working on another 700 and they let me have the seal out of one! Got lucky! The prowler they were repairing was the result of jumping at full throttle, and never lifting! Unit also received a new piston! Major repair bill on that one! Mine will be ready tomorrow, i quit work for the night! Next project is a hydraulic press for the shop!
rd i dont think you will ever grow up.:d:d

#6 ·
Damn sure hope not! LOL

#7 ·
Looking thru the parts accessories for the Prowlers, and I ran across a Clutch Kit in the Tiger Tracks section! Looks like you get a set of rollers ( I'm betting there RED), and a spacer. They list it as a 4 season clutch kit 39.95, I bet you have low end on this one!
Part # 1436-614, just my thoughts

#8 ·
looking thru the parts accessories for the prowlers, and i ran across a clutch kit in the tiger tracks section! Looks like you get a set of rollers ( i'm betting there red), and a spacer. They list it as a 4 season clutch kit 39.95, i bet you have low end on this one!
Part # 1436-614, just my thoughts
wonder what the rollers weigh.i'm sure plenty of low end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.