Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I have a 2013 700 hdx prowler approx 10k 0n it. just have my first engine oil leak . Oil is dripping from bottom of magneto cover(round cover with artic cat on it). I have not pulled of cover yet but I would assume the cover gasket is not the issue but a seal further in or something else so before I get into it can someone tell me the root cause of this leak and what's involved. Thanks

·
Administrator
7,298 Posts
Yes there is a seal that may be your problem. This seal can be replaced without any major tear down!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes there is a seal that may be your problem. This seal can be replaced without any major tear down!
Thanks i replaced the magneto seal. it was so hard it was like solid plastic and i could spin it in its housing. however there also is a o-ring in the same area behind a bushing which i bought but didn't install due to the fact that once if i removed the nut with a air gun i could not fine a easy way to hold the engine to retorque it. any ideas how to lock the engine easy for i believe the spec is 105 lb on this nut please correct me if im wrong for it seems high for a 15 mm socket size bolt.

·
Administrator
7,298 Posts
I never torqued mine, I just hit with my impact and moved on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts