Registered
412 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Rotella t6 now, used to run Mobil 1 extended performance, no issues with either , rotella its supposed to have a higher shear rating. Here we go again

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Rotella t6 now, used to run Mobil 1 extended performance, no issues with either , rotella its supposed to have a higher shear rating. Here we go again
But is not formulated for Powersports there is a difference and Please I dont want to fight about oil, I am an Amsoil dealer but I am NOT telling people they have to use Amsoil. Just use a good Powersports oil. Do Yourself a favor NO MOBIL 1

·
Registered
250 Posts
But is not formulated for Powersports there is a difference and Please I dont want to fight about oil, I am an Amsoil dealer but I am NOT telling people they have to use Amsoil. Just use a good Powersports oil. Do Yourself a favor NO MOBIL 1
dammit joe youre lucky i like you. apparently the motorsports oil you were using on this last ride was missing a little something. :D j/k well get you back up and running, i need a riding buddy!!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
dammit joe youre lucky i like you. apparently the motorsports oil you were using on this last ride was missing a little something. :D j/k well get you back up and running, i need a riding buddy!!
It was Arctic cat oil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No oil mixes well with dirt and dust!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No fighting just wondering a good oil I do not care about brand just wanted to know if I could use a different oil than Arcticcat. Thank you for the input.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
amsoil here,just make sure what you choose has the additive for your wet clutch.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Man that's just wrong! j/k...

The dealer is not out of my way at all.. so I guess the only question I would have is, can I go wrong just running the AC oil? If there's a better one I would be all about it. And since we are talking about oil.. I'm thinking about buying the kit and adding an oil cooler. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
oil

you cant go wrong using articcat oil. i have always used honda oil in my honda atvs. this prowler is the first toy that i have not used same brand oil in. i just liked the specs on the amsoil,and thought i would try it.on the cooler if it was mine i would put one on,i dont know why they quit doing it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts