Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Like it says has anyone had a rear end seal started 8to leak after changing your gear oil or replacing an axle or? I will explain after I get some replies. Thx

·
Registered
412 Posts
I do! Never a leak.. When my rear passenger side hub nut came off while riding it destroyed the threads on the end of the axle. So I replaced the axle and serviced the rear diff. Now everytime I go for a ride the differentional housing around that axle is wet. I took it to the dealer, they replaced the seal and re-serviced it.. First time I rode it afterward it's doing the same thing.

·
Registered
250 Posts
mine started seeping this last ride out of my driver side axle seal, and i did all new seals and bearings when i had my rear end apart 500 miles ago

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
leaks

must be darn lucky,dry as can be all four corners,never changed fluid yet only 1550 miles manaul says change every 4 years,i looked out it when i blew the:( bladder looked very clean.i dont think ill change it if it means they will start leaking.

·
Registered
733 Posts
It says to replace the seals every 4 years? I've only had mine 2 years and 1200 miles and i've replace 9 seals.. couldn't get mine to stop leakin until I drilled the rear and open to air vented my front.. been working so far.. 300 miles on now..

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes part of the problem is when you replace a part or change the oil you let air enter a sealed system so when you change the oil or a part you have to get the air out once sealed the air dosent let the oil expand causing the extra pressure The thing that worked for me was to clamp the vent line and then compress the bellows and then install it unclamp the line and let the bellows expand clamp the line take the bellows off and compress it again then reinstall it clamp it the un clamp the line that worked for me until I took out my turf saver and forgot to do it and you know what happened. Yes you are correct a seal leak. But now I have done the vent mod to mine but for you guys that dont want to do the vent mod try what I did It worked for me. I also talked to an AC dealer out here and they agreed with me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts