Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

Have you had overheating issues with your Prower XTZ?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or blown a head gasket??? I just want to know if I need to consider an AC extended warranty???

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Or blown a head gasket??? I just want to know if I need to consider an AC extended warranty???
Can i add a pole to this question? I think the stock head gaskets were bad on a run of these xtz and that was the cause. But just to find out who did or didnt over heat would be interesting.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I think a poll would be a great idea! Go for it!!

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Ok guys let hear it, The votes are public if anyone cares!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Mine has been good so far but I dont even have 100 miles on it yet so Im hoping for the best!

·
Registered
682 Posts
i have only 150 miles on mine ,but they are hard, and no problems yet.Have it at unisteer now for power steering and upgraded rack, rackzilla, as they call it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmmm.....you know, since this seems to be a common issue, maybe we could compile some data here and establish if this is limited to a certain VIN number range. What do you guys think???

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hmmmm.....you know, since this seems to be a common issue, maybe we could compile some data here and establish if this is limited to a certain VIN number range. What do you guys think???
sounds like a great idea... I'd be interested to see if my vin is close to the ones that have overheated

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I think mine overheated before the first 100 miles, as of the last couple of rides it's all fixed for now.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Instead of a VIN, is there a "build date" anywhere?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine overheated within 200 miles, I bought 1 the first year. Arctic Cat stood behind it Put a new head gasket, ARP head bolts, & 2000 miles later still going STRONG.:cool:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts