Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ihave a 2006 A/C 650 XT , Seems to run great but have a few issues . Smells once in awhile like Rubber burning (have no slippage issues) My nephew says its oil burning but see no smoke . Also have some clinking chatter when Braking ??? any thoughts ?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Well The chatter when braking is the rear brake witch seems to be a common problem.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Ihave a 2006 A/C 650 XT , Seems to run great but have a few issues . Smells once in awhile like Rubber burning (have no slippage issues) My nephew says its oil burning but see no smoke . Also have some clinking chatter when Braking ??? any thoughts ?
Your belt can slip a little without being real obvious. You need to pull the belt cover to check that. Oil burning should be pretty obvious and a much different smell.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only 1600 miles on it ??? I'll still pull the cover off . Seems like the belt should last longer . The machine is in Az. year round and I only drive it during the winter.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Only 1600 miles on it ??? I'll still pull the cover off . Seems like the belt should last longer . The machine is in Az. year round and I only drive it during the winter.
My belt had about 800 miles on it when it started to slip. I replaced it with an oem and now it's starting to chirp again at 1400 miles. Guess your belt life depends on usage, ours is always loaded down heavy and run hard. 1600 miles is not bad for a $50 wear item.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Ryan Got one on order

I enjoy your posts , Thnks Much

My belt had about 800 miles on it when it started to slip. I replaced it with an oem and now it's starting to chirp again at 1400 miles. Guess your belt life depends on usage, ours is always loaded down heavy and run hard. 1600 miles is not bad for a $50 wear item.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
My belt was still with in service limits at 2500 miles. That is with a four seater and sand dune riding. I changed it with some clutch work. It showed some cracking in the webing. I all depends on your driving habbits and how you treat your machine.

I have notice the smell also. Even with the clutch work and new belt I can smell it some times but the performance is fine and when I check the belt/sheaves they look great.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Desert

I have 1700 miles on it , ordered a new belt and see what happens . Seems to run Great , I'll keep Ya'll posted...

My belt was still with in service limits at 2500 miles. That is with a four seater and sand dune riding. I changed it with some clutch work. It showed some cracking in the webing. I all depends on your driving habbits and how you treat your machine.

I have notice the smell also. Even with the clutch work and new belt I can smell it some times but the performance is fine and when I check the belt/sheaves they look great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts