Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2008 Arctic Cat Prowler XT and have the following dumb questions, since I don't have an Operations Manual:

1. On the center console there is an OVERRIDE Switch. What does it do, when does one use it?

2. On the dash there is a switch with large letters listing PULL on the top and DIFF LOCK on the bottom. Does this switch unlock the rear differential, and if so, are both wheels driving, or only one?

I just built a windshield and Tee-top, got covers for rear box, seats and head rests. The machine has an annoying governor which does not allow me to go over 50mph. Can this be changed?

Thanks for your help in advance, Manfred

·
Registered
583 Posts
I bought a 2008 Arctic Cat Prowler XT and have the following dumb questions, since I don't have an Operations Manual:

1. On the center console there is an OVERRIDE Switch. What does it do, when does one use it?

2. On the dash there is a switch with large letters listing PULL on the top and DIFF LOCK on the bottom. Does this switch unlock the rear differential, and if so, are both wheels driving, or only one?

I just built a windshield and Tee-top, got covers for rear box, seats and head rests. The machine has an annoying governor which does not allow me to go over 50mph. Can this be changed?

Thanks for your help in advance, Manfred
1. reverse rev limit override lets you get more rpm when backing up if your stuck and need tire spin.
2. front diff lock locks up all 4 so no front slip from side to side
3. rev limit can be changed with an aftermarket cdi. I have an rm stator cdi and get about 52-55 mph from my 650

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Ryan and Moose for the quick explanations, Manfred

·
Registered
583 Posts
What comes with the RM stator CDI?
A plastic bag, lol. Seems to be a good unit but they skimp a little on any type of instructions or paperwork. I even emailed them and asked if I needed to run higher octane and twice I got the same reply..."its plug N play" so I run 93 anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts