Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has built or installed a grab handle for the passenger side like in the razors? I have a few ideas but not sure where to mount it to, plate off of the floor or to the frame somewhere which might require several angles to get it to where I want it. any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I think RD (Fairmont79) fabbed up something for his rig. I'm sure he will chime in. Update: RD welded up bars across his front windshield and added the grab bar there. Look in his photo album to see pictures. The man is a fabbing crazy man....:D He will get you on the right path.:)

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
a cheep quickie alternative .. one of the Jeep nylon grab handles that go over the …….. oooops you probably have the stock X bar overhead .. I added a 1.75" bar front to rear at the top of the cage roll bar and one of those handles work great.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
DSCN2612.JPG

DSCN2828.JPG RD here! Yes, I did add a OS Bar to my Prowler. I used 1" DOM tubing for the main support across the front roll cage. Welded the bar, and made a handle out of the same tubing. The wife loves it as it gives her a place to hang on with comfort.

THANKS Shane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I made the bottom piece and added the vents (AC Part). I used .080 aluminum. Also made the windshield out of scratch resistant Lexan. I welded in the cross bars to have a place to mount the Lexan, and decided to add the OS bar. Worked out pretty good!

·
Registered
618 Posts
I just welded one off bottom of seat

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I looked at that also, the factory handhold is in a poor location (just my opinion). Thought about bolting/welding one to the seat pan, but decided on the windshield bar instead. Every once in a while we run with no top, or windshield and the bars become anti-intrusion bars!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I looked at that also, the factory handhold is in a poor location (just my opinion). Thought about bolting/weldind one to the seat pan, but decided on the windshield bar instead. Every once in a while we run with no top, or windshield and the bars become anti-intrusion bars!
Just finished installing the first prototype OS bar. going to try it out tomorrow if the weather holds and see if the wife likes it. also installed a set of door nets from a razor 900, used exsisting holes from the ROPS cage, no drilling required.:)

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Looks great! If your wife is anything like mine, she will love it! It is very comfortable to use. I put bicycle handle grips on ours Wal-Mart supplied!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is fun to work on these things! Addictive at times.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Just finished installing the first prototype OS bar. going to try it out tomorrow if the weather holds and see if the wife likes it. also installed a set of door nets from a razor 900, used exsisting holes from the ROPS cage, no drilling required.:)
Looks good terramech,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,good job.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts