Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the XTZ out this weekend for a Sunday drive. Couple of photos and a video shot with my little camera.

Taking off from the jump. It was a short roll out jump, but we were still out jumping the quads there.

Little bit of rock crawling...

Video of a sandwash up a slot canyon we like running...made a couple of bobbles in the wash...what can I say, it was an off day....the terrain is a lot rougher than what you can see in the video.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Wow Darryl looks like fun out there in the desert. How did the kings work out?

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
That really looks like fun. I have never driven in the desert, but your area looks like the terrain is much more interesting and varied than the Glamis dunes.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow Darryl looks like fun out there in the desert. How did the kings work out?
They did great, the landings from the jumps were soft and easy. Running up the wash, it was pretty rough, but they worked good. I was really having an off day, so wasn't running as hard as normal. Highsided on a berm a couple of times.
But overall, everything worked great. I could tell a need for better clutching in the sand, it had rained quite a bit early that morning and the sand was super grippy. The ITPs dug in and just couldn't not get traction.

My buddy wants to take his good camera and go back to the jump and take some good shots, he was having a hard time getting the timing right with my camera.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That really looks like fun. I have never driven in the desert, but your area looks like the terrain is much more interesting and varied than the Glamis dunes.
Yeah, we have whooped out sandwashes that are 50 yards wide in areas, sandstone rock that is awesome for rock crawling (that's why they hold the National Championships for rock crawling right where those photos were taken) and lots of good hardpack trails.
I like it, but the butthead BLM Gestapo is making most of it off-limits lately. As of now, it's not even legal to ride in that same wash. They just posted everything off-limits after drawing up a plan that made it okay to ride. And the local BLM Ranger is pulling everyone over, wanting to search coolers and vehicles.... Gestapo tactics in 2009 in the good ol USA...

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
That looks really cool and fun!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts