Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Not sure what you mean by "Overdrive", the Prowler has a CVT Clutch/Transmission. It is fully automated as to what ratio is being needed. It will upshift at given RPM's. The choice you have in the drivers seat is Hi, or Low range. There are several sites that explain in detail the CVT systems that are easy to read, and understand.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Or do you mean the Override switch on the console? It's to override the rev limiter while in while in reverse and 4wd.
If you would like a little more info on your Prowler you can download a free manual, they don't have the 2006 but the 2007 is close.
"K&T Parts House Lawn Mower Parts and Chain Saw & Trimmer Parts"
Fire away with any questions you may have, people on here are eager to help in every way.

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Glad you caught that Mike!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
The "Override" switch is used when in reverse & 4wd. While in reverse & 4wd you notice the engine cutting out because of hitting the rev-limiter, holding the Override switch will bypass the rev-limiter giving you more rpm's.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
BUT not a whole lot more RPM , you'll still max out quickly , so best to turn around if ya can and drive out

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I'm still trying to decide if the Dynatek CDI is worth buying to get rid of the reverse limiter.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I'm still trying to decide if the Dynatek CDI is worth buying to get rid of the reverse limiter.
I like it,and it also raises your rev limiter 2000 RPM'S,before I bought the Dynotek in low mine would shift out at the factory rev limit.....thats around 6100 RPM'S give or take a few........but thats after the clutch kit.....

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
My tops out at 6000 rpm.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
geeeees mine goes faster than I want to drive it now :) , don't think I want a box LOL

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
geeeees mine goes faster than I want to drive it now :) , don't think I want a box LOL
That's easy for you to say you have twice as many cylinders as me :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts