Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned from my friends shop, he is working on a rock crawler! This is another reason that owning a Prowler makes the most sense for me! Hard work, cost, time consuming, up keep! Ah to be young again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RD

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Really nice rock crawler prowler your buddy is building:D looks like he running a 572 big block,I couldn't even guess on the cost of putting that together,way out of my league.but very nice..........:cool:

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
seth that looks like something you need to build.:cool:

·
Administrator
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been helping him wire it, Holley FI, MSD 6AL, Electric Water Pumps, cooling fans for water, Trans, and differentials. Yeah it is a 572, we pulled it out of his mud truck, factory rated at 600 plus HP, and Torque out of site. He built the frame in his shop, all mild steel tubing, can't even count the number of points he fish mouthed the tubing for fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I send pictures as he gets closer to finish

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Looks nice. I think he needs to make us all some full cages for our Prowlers.

·
Administrator
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He has an electric tube bender that we use, it beats a manual one! One bend on the 1 3/4" tube cured me for a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
733 Posts
That cage is a work of art! wow man!! nice buggy

·
Administrator
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, and 10 years ago he had a hard time changing oil! Life sure changes! He started a business as a cement contractor working out of the back of a pickup truck, and now he has a 10,000 sq. ft. building and a fleet of trucks! The American Dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RD

·
Registered
733 Posts
Yeah, and 10 years ago he had a hard time changing oil! Life sure changes! He started a business as a cement contractor working out of the back of a pickup truck, and now he has a 10,000 sq. ft. building and a fleet of trucks! The American Dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RD
Cheers to that!! :)

·
Administrator
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When I built my house, he approached me about doing concrete work for me. I liked him immediately and talked at great length about his skills, and what I wanted. I hired him! While I was still working at the Hospital, I invited him to bid on several jobs through the years, he did about 60% of the work that we sent out for bidding, always had great results. He built a great business, now he is playing all winter on his toys!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
When I built my house, he approached me about doing concrete work for me. I liked him immediately and talked at great length about his skills, and what I wanted. I hired him! While I was still working at the Hospital, I invited him to bid on several jobs through the years, he did about 60% of the work that we sent out for bidding, always had great results. He built a great business, now he is playing all winter on his toys!
sounds like he has life figured out.:cool:

·
Administrator
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pretty much! You need to see his toy hauler! I'll get some pic's of that next week!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts