Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i broke this weekend ,but i installed temp and oil guages from utv crap. They did very well. I replaced antifreeze with Liquid Performance and couldnt get the thing above 180 degrees, and we rode the snot out of them.By the way what are they supposed to run in temp? I also worked on the dif vent. All i did was take an inline fuel filter for a passenger car and put it at the end of the line up by motor. it lets diff vent but no water or other stuff in. I ran with a highly modified rzr, long arm the whole thing and pretty well kept up with him.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Super, the fan never kicked on. The outside temp was around 72 so it was pretty cool anyway. I'm still glad with all the issues with the temps on these things.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I tried that bob with the rear diff vent I will warn you that on mine as soon as I drove on the street for 3 miles goin 55mph on a back highway and when I stopped it puked gear oil all over the exhaust and made for a smokey arctic cat at a stop light with lots of onlookers..

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't put that in here right . What i did was take a piece of 1 1/2 inch pvc about 6 inches long capped it on both ends and tapped the filter in the top and a barbed fitting in the bottom for oil line. Sorry for the incorrect info.

·
Registered
142 Posts
hehe same thing I did.. Maybe you saw my other post with pics... works great huh? I haven't had one issue with my diff since the vent tube was installed..

·
Registered
3,564 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
It was baaad my buddie thought it was on fire so he was about to jump out on a 4 lane highway in havasu in front of the mall.. I smelled the gear oil so I knew what it was..

·
Registered
338 Posts
I need to make sure I mount a nice fire extinguisher on board this year just in case I or anyone in our group has a fire. We should all have one onboard.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I need to make sure I mount a nice fire extinguisher on board this year just in case I or anyone in our group has a fire. We should all have one onboard.
+1 on that...
I almost needed an extinguisher this past weekend when my XTZ got a hole in the bellows and it managed to get diff oil on the engine and caught fire. luckily sand did the job even though I had a 5lb ABC extinguisher on hand and ready.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes i did see your post. It was good info. The only difference is i used smaller pvc and i just put it on the end of the exsiting vent line. I guess they are all positioned between driver seat and engine. It is working real good . Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts