Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening, friends! Have a question about UTV. When reversing, the engine is blocked. Arctic cat can hardly move back. I press the OVERRIDE button - does not help. Button is working. I thought I was not using this button correctly? How to use the OVERRIDE? Sorry for the transfer.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
You are fine! Only works in reverse, and 2WD. At least I think that is how it is supposed to be! Hopefully others will offer help!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I changed my CDI to eliminate the reverse override, but from what the manual says the override button only works in 4wd. Try putting it in 4wd and while holding the switch down hit the gas and see if you notice a difference. Now this is on an '07 650 yours could be different.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, accidentally sent you the answer on Russian language)) Yes, thank you for answers! Today I will try the OVERRIDE button in 4wd mode.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
I changed my CDI to eliminate the reverse override, but from what the manual says the override button only works in 4wd. Try putting it in 4wd and while holding the switch down hit the gas and see if you notice a difference. Now this is on an '07 650 yours could be different.
I knew it was one or the other! I'll try to remember that!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Before I changed my CDI plowing snow was a pain, I had to hold the override to backup at a decent speed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you! You were right! The OVERRIDE button only works in 4wd mode. I checked. My cat is doing fine! Now waiting for the steering thrust. In Moscow there was only one)) Replaced. Another ordered from the US. I'll have it in four weeks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is still a question. I ordered different original spare parts from the USA. The official dealer in Moscow. But when they came, it turned out that they are made in different countries. In the US, Mexico, Canada, China, Thailand. I thought that they will all be produced in the United States. I was told it was normal. Or have I been cheated?

·
Registered
808 Posts
It is normal for parts to be outsourced in other countries but the units are assembled in U.S.A. I am sure there is fine print somewhere.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Really uncomfortable to press the OVERRIDE button and go back. Today I connected this button on the contrary. Now when you turn on the 4wd and rear gear, the engine runs at full power without pressing the OVERRIDE button.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Another question. It is necessary to include mode 4wd: when towing a trailer or when loaded into the body of a cat load of over 200 lb pound? Or can all this in the normal mode 2wd?

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Smooth terrain, I use 2WD, and depending on the load High, or Low gear.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK. Thanks. I like to do everything according to the instructions. So I ask. Me like your forum. You've helped me a lot. We have such UTV rarity in Russia. People look with interest at my cat)

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
I'm sure they do! Great thing about forum is the reaching out to others!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts