Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Not sure! But I think it is low voltage related. Seems like the Power Steering models show this code. Did you reset the code?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I researched it a little last night and it says it is temperature related. Either it was running hot or the sensor is bad. I wonder if anyone else has had this problem?

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Good to know on the code! I have a 2009 model, and there was no such code on mine. Either the sensor, low on coolant, or system has air in it. I have to burp mine anytime I refill the coolant. I try and tighten the coolant line clamps every month or so, they do loose up, and create small drips. Outside of this, how do you like the HDX?

·
Registered
177 Posts
very familiar with that code. Every time fuse blows code po116 comes up as it is overheating.Apparently according to one mechanic the wiring harness is faulty but ac won't change it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to know on the code! I have a 2009 model, and there was no such code on mine. Either the sensor, low on coolant, or system has air in it. I have to burp mine anytime I refill the coolant. I try and tighten the coolant line clamps every month or so, they do loose up, and create small drips. Outside of this, how do you like the HDX?
I believe I found the culprit. The radiator was clogged with mud and dirt. Took a hose to it and washed out all the fins. The mud was real soupy and my son hut some holes pretty good sending that mess up and over the hood. Kids!

Seems to work now. Electronic fan kicks on at 185 degrees. Other than this slight hiccup, the hdx is great. Really want to snorkel it and put larger tires.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Mud doe's seem to attract the younger crowd! I snorkeled mine, but I did it to get the air intakes up out of the dirt where AC had them! I used 2" PVC, and "Fernco" clamps. Kits are available, but compared to doing it yourself, they are pricey! Be careful with bigger tires, 28" tires are about the max you can go without a lift kit. Also bigger tires may hurt performance unless you change your clutch rollers. I use a EPI Clutch kit in mine with good results. They recommend 2 gram lighter rollers for bigger tires. There is a section in frequently asked questions that outlines clutch service. Good luck on your ride!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mud doe's seem to attract the younger crowd! I snorkeled mine, but I did it to get the air intakes up out of the dirt where AC had them! I used 2" PVC, and "Fernco" clamps. Kits are available, but compared to doing it yourself, they are pricey! Be careful with bigger tires, 28" tires are about the max you can go without a lift kit. Also bigger tires may hurt performance unless you change your clutch rollers. I use a EPI Clutch kit in mine with good results. They recommend 2 gram lighter rollers for bigger tires. There is a section in frequently asked questions that outlines clutch service. Good luck on your ride!

Thanks for the information on snorkeling. I really want to do this because of the water levels we sometimes have to go through when riding. No creek crossing or anything just rain accumulation. I was wondering on the tires and the size. I thought about going with a lift but wasn't sure who to go through. Waiting on my stock tires to wear out before buying new ones. Snorkel and winch is next.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Thanks for the information on snorkeling. I really want to do this because of the water levels we sometimes have to go through when riding. No creek crossing or anything just rain accumulation. I was wondering on the tires and the size. I thought about going with a lift but wasn't sure who to go through. Waiting on my stock tires to wear out before buying new ones. Snorkel and winch is next.
I believe you can put 28'' tires on it,probably 30'' with a lift,i put a 2'' high lifter lift on mine

·
Registered
177 Posts
ye s I blow fan fuse,but 20 amp seems to do it.I run 28 on myHDX and it performs well in mud,not sure what speed it goes or anything like that as I'm mainly interested in getting through mud holes.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
There is a recent post on here about snorkeling a HDX by Bashley, great pictures and explanation included! You should find it interesting!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ye s I blow fan fuse,but 20 amp seems to do it.I run 28 on myHDX and it performs well in mud,not sure what speed it goes or anything like that as I'm mainly interested in getting through mud holes.[/QUOTE

Can you post a photo of how yours looks with 28's. What kind do you have? My main concern here is going through mud as well do to most of the places we go that is what they have.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
ye s I blow fan fuse,but 20 amp seems to do it.I run 28 on myHDX and it performs well in mud,not sure what speed it goes or anything like that as I'm mainly interested in getting through mud holes.[/QUOTE

Can you post a photo of how yours looks with 28's. What kind do you have? My main concern here is going through mud as well do to most of the places we go that is what they have.
If you are planning to go through mud you might want to consider a EPI mudder clutch set up for 28'' tires.........what will they measure 27''

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you are planning to go through mud you might want to consider a EPI mudder clutch set up for 28'' tires.........what will they measure 27''

Not sure on the tires as of yet. Have any recommendations for the clutch as to where to buy it? I am going to be installing a winch this weekend and starting the snorkel process. So far I love the AC just hard to find stuff for it.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Not sure on the tires as of yet. Have any recommendations for the clutch as to where to buy it? I am going to be installing a winch this weekend and starting the snorkel process. So far I love the AC just hard to find stuff for it.
I ordered mine straight from EPI....They will tell you what you need ............

·
Registered
177 Posts
don't have a picture, but byadjusting shocks from minimum to midway raised the clearance as much as the tire change.Really don't think you need clutch change.Service manager told me I wouldn't need different kit unless I went to 30"

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Slycat: Do you know what color clutch rollers are in your HDX, trying to find out what color rollers come in each model! Thanks!

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I'll try the part numbers, and if I can find the color list I'll post it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts