Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, my wife was coming up our driveway tonight, and I could see the muffler glowing red hot.... I walked over to it, and after cooling down I tried to start it, it would start and die repeatedly, run for 1-2 seconds “running rough” and die. Then I started flashing P0339 on the display.

ive searched this code and found it to be crank sensor related. Would that also cause my red hot muffler? I understand the crank sensor tells the ignition when to fire, could this misfiring cause a glowing muffler? I’m lost looking for help.

this is a 2016 prowler 1000xt, has around 750 miles on it.

·
Administrator
7,349 Posts
Hi guys, my wife was coming up our driveway tonight, and I could see the muffler glowing red hot.... I walked over to it, and after cooling down I tried to start it, it would start and die repeatedly, run for 1-2 seconds “running rough” and die. Then I started flashing P0339 on the display.

ive searched this code and found it to be crank sensor related. Would that also cause my red hot muffler? I understand the crank sensor tells the ignition when to fire, could this misfiring cause a glowing muffler? I’m lost looking for help.

this is a 2016 prowler 1000xt, has around 750 miles on it.
Ignition timing off will cause a red hot exhaust. Check the crank sensor. Free service manuals at Country Cat will walk you through the test/settings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts