Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Ten is a lot of paddles for say 100 hp to the rear wheels and a 25 inch tire.It really would not be if it was a 22 inch tire like the 100 hp banshees or raptors.Also they don't weigh anything compared to a utv.What a lot of people forget is that you want to be able to spin the tire.If you can't spin it it will not move as much sand and you will not have the acceleration you need sometimes.Think of it like this every time that paddle takes a scoop lets say it moves two pounds of sand.So for every rotation on a 8 paddle you are moving 16 lbs of sand.So lets say there is a guy that has a ten paddle.20 lbs of sand he can move.He can not spin the tire real well though.So lets say that for a given length he can make the tire spin hard enough to get a rotation and a half out of it.That would be 30lbs of sand.And lets say the 8 paddle guy can spin his hard enough to get 2 rotations out of it.He just moved 32 lbs of sand to push his utv forward.And he has the engine at a higher rpm wich makes more power.
Honestly guys run what you want to.I will say this though,I can promise you that i have well
over 100 hp to the rear wheels and i run a 7-8 paddle in the rear depending on the moisture in the sand.In 2 wheel drive is how i dune.To go race the hill I use 4 wheel drive.It will climb the hill in 2 wheel drive no problem.
Anybody who knows anything about paddle tires will tell you not to run to many paddles.The more paddles you run the worse your top end will be.Every time that paddle contacts the sand at speed it is slowing you down.But we all know it has to contact the sand to get a scoop of sand to push you forward.But if it is scooping more sand that what you need to push you forward you are wasting hp and efficiency.
Seen a lot of fast bikes go faster with changing the tires from a 14 paddle to say a 13 or a 12 paddle.
To many paddles is hard on parts to.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,564 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Chris when you raced that R1 Rhino you were running a 7 paddle right?

I know the R1 runs like a 14 paddle I think, Chris beat the R1 a couple times.

just wanted to be put this out there. I will run an 8 paddle on my cat dont think I need more than that.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Yep 25 inch 7 paddle extreme and smoother that a babies but tires on the front.I would say 7,8,9 paddles and you are in the game.I think that 7,8 might be the magic number for the xtz guys.I will bet a cold one though that if you take two machines that run real close and put 10's on one and 8's on one the 8 paddle will beat it.And i mean the kinda beating where you buddy and you go to the dunes and you pull him up the hill by a length every time.Maybe more.
Chris when you raced that R1 Rhino you were running a 7 paddle right?

I know the R1 runs like a 14 paddle I think, Chris beat the R1 a couple times.

just wanted to be put this out there. I will run an 8 paddle on my cat dont think I need more than that.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Aww tire testing lol, I did a bunch of this end of last season, its a great excuse to go riding. :)

·
Registered
3,564 Posts

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
I can't say for sure if a 26 would hurt you but a 28 would be way to tall and defiantly to heavy.The funny thing is if you put a tape on a 25 inch lumberjack that has been buffed and had paddles vulcanized on it it will measure 25 1/2 to 25 3/4 for just the tire.And it will grow some as you go faster.So to me it makes sense to start out of the hole with a smaller diameter tire for the better gear ratio and end up with a taller tire as you speed up.A real easy way to tell how much a sand tire will grow is to start out at 5 - 8 psi and go to 10-12.You might get up to an inch difference.
If you have ever watched sand drags you will defiantly notice a difference from when they at the starting line verses going through the lights.
Again very important the carcass that is used for your tires.If you don't care about anything but putting and the occasional hill or two the molded tire that is coming out might be just right.The molded tire will defiantly last longer.The molded tire probably will not grow much though.But if you want to go fast and be competitive the 25 inch lumberjack or similar is what you need.And when i say similar i mean the tire has to start out as a 4 ply tire so it is light.
You keep saying 25" tire. What if its a 26 or a 28? Does the taller tire hurt you.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Not a problem.I am so glad there will be more prowlers out there.Had a few guys to ride with like Warlock and desertcat but that is about it.All the other times you kinda feel like a black sheep among all the rhinos and rzrs.
I hope this coming fall 2010 season we can get THE PROWLER NATION to show up at the dunes in full force. I would like to get 20 plus Prowler talk members in a line for some good old fashion bowl ridding fun. Chris I am looking forward to ridding with you this fall. Long live the PROWLER NATION. Thanks for the paddles man the rock.

Seth

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,681 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Hey guys I need a set of 12 inch rims fro my Prowler, I want a super lite rim and I will find the paddles and buffs. I prefer Black rims.

What offset do you think I should run? And I will grind my caliper so the 12 inch rim will fit?

BTW I sold my Chrome Bogart Wheels, they were pretty and I got top dollar or I wouldn't of sold them. When I say pretty I mean pretty heavy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts