Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 650 with the lime green color. This appears to be made out of a plastic where the color is all the way through. I am looking at a 2010 700 that is also green, but it appears to have just painted on. Will this paint peel or chip off? What was the idea of making the change. I looked at a 210 1000xtz that was green also also and alot of the paint was comming off (looked crappy) Any one have any experience or thoughts on this.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I have some paint cracking on my 2011.
Just on the fender it was stretched pretty hard though.

Also blew some paint off with the pressure washer trying to remove some warning stickers. Luckily the plastic has white underneath it.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I have some paint cracking on my 2011.
Just on the fender it was stretched pretty hard though.

Also blew some paint off with the pressure washer trying to remove some warning stickers. Luckily the plastic has white underneath it.
Pressure washer took some paint off my 09 XTZ. Lucky it was in a spot near the bottom of the plastic. I just turned down the rpm of the washer and no problems now.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yeah i lost some paint when i pulled off the xtz stickers. Sucks. The plastic is almost the same color orange but you can tell its missing. SUX

This happened the first month i got the XTZ. I was worried the paint was going to be chipping everywhere but i drive in the woods and stuff scraps against it all the time and i have not had any other paint issues in 2 years.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are they both made out of the same type of material? Or did they change the composition of the plastic (poloypurpoline). My 2007 has stood up well as the color goes all the way through. I am looking at a 20010 and it is just painted and wonder if it is made of different material. I know that some materials are very hard to repair if cracked, where if it is a type of fiberglass, it can be filled in and sanded , painted. All of the ones that I have looked at that are painted, seem to be chipping or peeling some where.

·
Registered
733 Posts
my 2010 has painted plastics.. mines orange... I also took some paint off with my pressure washer.. it only looks really good when the buggy is brand new on the showroom.. now mines pretty scratched and chipped.. the plastic is quite flexible tho.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts