Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guys,

I got a 2009 xtx, today when I was washing it with a pressure washer, the paint started coming off the hood, above the left hand front tire. Theres a patch missing about 8 inches long and about 2 inches wide, I was being careful with the washer as always, was wondering if this has happened to any of you. Dealer is covering under warrenty, maybe time for custom paint! thanks in advance!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,603 Posts
what color was under the paint? just curious

hasnt happen to me yet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The plastic underneath is virtually the same color as the paint except no mettalic fleck, from a distance you can hardly notice until you get 10 feet away then it becomes noticable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
This and the diff seals leaking are my two biggest problems. I gave up on keeping mine a wax wagon, which sucks. I guess I can stick to detailing my Harley. Of course some of your prowlers are trick and probably have more money in them than my Harley. I noticed at the dealer the other day that the one on the floor had big chips in the edge of the hood. This is probably gonna be a problem for A/C. I guess something had to go wrong, allthough mine still is awesome. I trailride mine alot and have already scratched mine end to end, it made me sick the first week. I thought about redoing my paint and putting plastics up and getting a set of aftermarkets to ride with. Just in case I ever do sell it down the road.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
95% of the time i spend in it is trail riding the other 5% is to get to the trails, no dunes here sadly. it has many scratches end to end, the first hurt more, but now that the first is out of the way it ain't to bad. i call them battle scars.:D....but no chipping YET(knock on wood)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,603 Posts
I road Ocotillo Wells last week, and while in the washes there are unavoidable bushes and stuff. So mine has its share of scratches also.

At least you can tell this is no trailer queen Prowler:)
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top