Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I can say is WOW, Man its feels like it added 10hp to my Prowler and then lets talk about his service OUTSTANDING!

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Joe

Sounds like you are a happy camper. Can you tell us what Papa slap does different with his clutch work then all the others out there. Any reason other than customer service? Thanks

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joe

Sounds like you are a happy camper. Can you tell us what Papa slap does different with his clutch work then all the others out there. Any reason other than customer service? Thanks
Well just talking to Seth about ///dams clutch work on his 650 Prowler. Papa Slap may be more aggressive with his clutching but I cant prove it, All I know is My Prowler has never accelerated this good or as fast up the Mountain trails and roads on Sundays ride I found my self slowing down just so I could get on the gas again. In the higher elevations my prowler my Prowler used to lack power and I thought the computer couldnt adjust but it was the clutch,Lost a little top end but Papa Slap said its because the Clutch weight is lighter so he has sent me some different weight rollers to try. This guy is all about making the customer happy and I am. I would recommend Papa Slap to anyone wanting to wake up their Prowler. I will admit Im hard to please, but Im sure glad I got Slapped! Just my 2 cents. Thank You for listening to my rant.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
clutch

sounds like your really happy,what is your rpm engaugement and if you changed your weights how much low end would you lose,and what is your top end speed now.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
sounds like your really happy,what is your rpm engaugement and if you changed your weights how much low end would you lose,and what is your top end speed now.
The Prowler starts to move right off Idle my top speed

was 62 now 58 Seth(Papa Slap} said I will get it back and more with the roller change,Have not changed them yet also wont lose any low end because the ratios are set in the clutch. Hope that helps. I could not get a hold of///dam so I went with Papa Slap after doing a lot of checking.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Glad to see you happy Joe. It's always good for the customer (US) to have different choices and not have to rely on 1 business for all of out needs. Sounds like Papa Slap has a great reputation. Thanks for the feedback Joe.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
That is good news. I'm trying to decide between Airdam and Papa Slap when I have my clutches done. I haven't tried calling Airdam, but I know my emails aren't always replied too. Haven't tried contacting Papa yet. For my kind of trail riding, I would like immediate throttle response, but I don't want to lose any top speed either. I want it all. I want low end, mid range, and top speed if that is even possible.....:D

How do you contact Papa?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is good news. I'm trying to decide between Airdam and Papa Slap when I have my clutches done. I haven't tried calling Airdam, but I know my emails aren't always replied too. Haven't tried contacting Papa yet. For my kind of trail riding, I would like immediate throttle response, but I don't want to lose any top speed either. I want it all. I want low end, mid range, and top speed if that is even possible.....:D

How do you contact Papa?
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,048 Posts

How do you contact Papa?
I'm like you, I want it all, bottom end/rock climbing grunt power, mid-range power and eye-blurring fast top speeds...so I found a solution to achieve them all......
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v