Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 07-08 650 prowler and the parking brake light is on all the time and the parking brake does not work. However I.t does not stick and rolls free Will It hurt to ride It like this

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
As long as its not on its ok. Does it just need adjusted? Easy to do. Does the light go off if you pull the pedal up by hand. Its just a simple plunge switch with 2 wires. These things are super simple to work on.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
if however it' is dragging , even a tiny bit it has been known to cause a fires ..... so be SURE it is not dragging at all when you looking into it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The light does not go off at all I haven’t really messed It to much I pushed in the brake and It does nothing at all as far as hold backing so I’m not sure

·
Registered
237 Posts
I had to look up how the parking brake light is activated as it is different from my XTZ. The switch mounted underneath the pedal mount and is activated by a tab on the pedal that pushes down on the switch. It is held in the tab by a clip. I would remove the clip and the switch from the bracket and then test it out of the pedal to determine if the switch is defective or not. I assume it is a simple NO switch and when the brake is pressed the switch is then closed and the light would turn on.

Switch replacement part # is 0409-009 and is $43.92 at CountryCat. There are also a few on Ebay right now starting at $10 shipped.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts