Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of noise does the peak load damper in rear diff make when it slips??i was trying to pull another xtz out when something gave with a hell of a noise,sounded and felt like rear ring and pinion slipped about 6 teeth b4 i could get my foot off the throttle.hasnt made any noises since.it was violent and dont like noises like that when your out in the woods!

·
Registered
271 Posts
it makes a loud shattering chinga ching ching noise similar to as if you stripped a pinion gear out. thats the clutch packs racheting back and forth against each other. it makes a horrible noise and makes you think you broke the world. now that its slipped once, get ready cause it will likely start slipping more and more. they do that, the first slip is the hardest, then it seems like it just gives way and slips all the damn time after that.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
He is right they just get easier and easier to over power.
it makes a loud shattering chinga ching ching noise similar to as if you stripped a pinion gear out. thats the clutch packs racheting back and forth against each other. it makes a horrible noise and makes you think you broke the world. now that its slipped once, get ready cause it will likely start slipping more and more. they do that, the first slip is the hardest, then it seems like it just gives way and slips all the damn time after that.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it makes a loud shattering chinga ching ching noise similar to as if you stripped a pinion gear out. Thats the clutch packs racheting back and forth against each other. It makes a horrible noise and makes you think you broke the world. Now that its slipped once, get ready cause it will likely start slipping more and more. They do that, the first slip is the hardest, then it seems like it just gives way and slips all the damn time after that.
yep thats what it sounded like!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts