Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys i think i've figured out how to upload some photos of my ride. I know its not as (pretty) as most on here but it definately does what i want it to do.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What tires are those?
How do you like them?

Nice ride
Thanks for all the responses guys. The tires are 28" swamplites. And i love them! They are smooth on hard pack, good on rocks and trails, and definately hold their on in mud.:D Not heavy either. I've been very impressed and get compliments on them everytime i go riding.:D The only thing is the 28" doesn't measure the full 28". But from what i understand most tires don't measure there advertised size. But the lugs on these tires measured almost a full 2" deep!:eek:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the snorkel setup, How did you kick them over to the sides.
It was really pretty simple. I seen the set up while searching snorkels on the internet one day. Using the 1.5 inch pvc made it work better because i didn't have to do any cutting on the bed. It rubs a little but nothing too bad at all. I just done my measurments, came up out of the rubber sleeves, 90 over, ran a straight peice of pvc and then 90 up and straped it to the roll cage. I also replaced all my clams with stainless radiator style clamp. I done it all in about 2 hours. Had all the pvc and fittings at my work shop so didn't cost me hardly anything. But even if you have to buy all the material it shouldn't cost more than 40 bucks or so.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thanks for the pics, looks mean

·
Registered
463 Posts
Looks good I like it. It looks tuff

·
Registered
130 Posts
It was really pretty simple. I seen the set up while searching snorkels on the internet one day. Using the 1.5 inch pvc made it work better because i didn't have to do any cutting on the bed. It rubs a little but nothing too bad at all. I just done my measurments, came up out of the rubber sleeves, 90 over, ran a straight peice of pvc and then 90 up and straped it to the roll cage. I also replaced all my clams with stainless radiator style clamp. I done it all in about 2 hours. Had all the pvc and fittings at my work shop so didn't cost me hardly anything. But even if you have to buy all the material it shouldn't cost more than 40 bucks or so.

I've worked in Pell City on a tower (DTV), and the terrain is nice. I bet you run that 650 through the paces. Do you use the snorkle for river/creek crossings or is there red clay water holes.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks good, more info on that rear seat !
I got the rear seat out of a CJ 7. It recently ripped so ive got to buy a cover for it. Probably one of those water proof ones. It fits perfectly and has the seatbelts made onto it. Works perfectly. My daughter loves it. Only thing now is i've got to buy some pipe and get a rear cage fabricated.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've worked in Pell City on a tower (DTV), and the terrain is nice. I bet you run that 650 through the paces. Do you use the snorkle for river/creek crossings or is there red clay water holes.
No kidding dude thats awesome. Small world. Yea our terrain is very good. All i know really. Never been riding out west. We have everything really. Got some small mountains, lots of trails and some DEEP mud. I put the snorkel on mainly for the deep mudholes. It's hard to tell how deep these things are and ive seen several quads ruined dropping off in some of these things. Some you can tell by looking at them but some are a LOT deeper than they look. In the spring i do cross a lot of creeks and play in some swamps. I've been to Coal Creek in Tenn. and it was nice too. Plan on going to Royal Blue Tenn. next month. Pretty excited about that. :D

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok prowlerfan lets see if i can get it back on here.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I want to see some pics in the mud holes???? Great pics, tough ride for sure. I need to go on a riding tour and get wet for a change.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts