Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been away from the forum for a while, but have been using the 2008 Cat daily. Noted for some time, that the attachment flanges of the floor assembly on the front and on the upper rear are breaking where the screws are fixing it to the frame. This may be because I have my unit in the Southern Baja in Mexico where it is quite a bit warmer and generally all plastic stuff falls apart. Is this an isolated case? The side panels on both sides of the floor have also fallen off, so I replaced them with plywood, which (touch wood) have stayed on. Your input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
The floor boards crack pretty easily. Mine is starting to crack on the panels that kick up under the seat where you bolt it to the frame. I know others have had theirs crack in this same location as well.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
The floor boards crack pretty easily. Mine is starting to crack on the panels that kick up under the seat where you bolt it to the frame. I know others have had theirs crack in this same location as well.
Heck Shane it cracked around my top bolt before it was a year old.:mad:

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I have been away from the forum for a while, but have been using the 2008 Cat daily. Noted for some time, that the attachment flanges of the floor assembly on the front and on the upper rear are breaking where the screws are fixing it to the frame. This may be because I have my unit in the Southern Baja in Mexico where it is quite a bit warmer and generally all plastic stuff falls apart. Is this an isolated case? The side panels on both sides of the floor have also fallen off, so I replaced them with plywood, which (touch wood) have stayed on. Your input would be appreciated.
Hi manfred,the only thing I know to do is buy new or use a big washer,not a lot of choices..............welcome back.

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
I made a diamond plate cover for the attachment points on the sides, also added an angle bracket under the seat mount pin that supports the floorboard at that location also. These two areas helped to eliminate any flexing on the floorboard, and also covered the cracks at the factory holes on the side mounts. I did post a procedure for mending plastic several months ago, it may or may not help.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I made a diamond plate cover for the attachment points on the sides, also added an angle bracket under the seat mount pin that supports the floorboard at that location also. These two areas helped to eliminate any flexing on the floorboard, and also covered the cracks at the factory holes on the side mounts. I did post a procedure for mending plastic several months ago, it may or may not help.
I think a lot of it is from the cold and the real hot days and the flex.I have a few small cracks where the floor screws to the fire wall.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your quick responses! I'm thinking of getting some 3/16th aluminum checkered plate material next time I'm in the States and have a fab shop here in Mexico copy the plastic flooring and side panels. Is there perhaps an after market fabricator who already makes replacement boards, since this seems to be another week spot on the AC's?

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Thank you for your quick responses! I'm thinking of getting some 3/16th aluminum checkered plate material next time I'm in the States and have a fab shop here in Mexico copy the plastic flooring and side panels. Is there perhaps an after market fabricator who already makes replacement boards, since this seems to be another week spot on the AC's?
There's a company called diamondbackcovers.com that makes ALUM floor pan's for the prowler they just fasten to the factory floor,there just flat panels for each side.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the information de3, Ill contact them and see....

·
Registered
733 Posts
Mine cracked as well, I think all the prowlers do this at some point or another.. I never did get around to repairing mine..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts