Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys i need to know if 28in will fit under a stock prowler HDX i need to order now to get price discount and have them in time for ride. some say yes others say they will rub anyone with exp or knows for sure please let me know asap. thanks Jim

·
Registered
618 Posts
A tape measurer should give you a good idea, going up 2" in size is only an inch on each side.

Get your tape and see if you have enough clearance to accomodate an inch plus. You can also turn your shocks up some to get clearance as well if close

·
Registered
618 Posts
My 27" rub on full lock and suspension compression.
Rub ft bumper and firewall.

Really, I had 27's on my 08 650 xt and the same ones on my 2010 XTZ 1000 and neither one come close to rubbing anywhere.

I know the HDX is different but.???

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
riddler which 27 are u running? and do they rub enough where your nervous u might damage something. the tire im going with actually is 27.5 thats why i asked about 28 to be on safe side. thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for help guys, measured and the closest spot was 2in with the wheels cranked all the way and a little weight on front end. stock tires are just shy of 26 inches and the growler measure 27.5 so i should only gain 1.5 tops so hopefully itll work just fine. if not ill get the lift kit when it comes out. thanks again.

·
Registered
222 Posts
i put 27 swamplites on my 2010 xtx and 28" would have fit no problem without any change to suspension next time i go riding (4 weeks from now) i will try my buddys 30" mudlites on to see if i go with that
will let you guys know the outcome

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Wonder whats up with my setup.

My tires grab the clamp that holds the e-brake cable on the firewall.

And I have seen the tire touch the front bumper.
I do have the old style ft. bumper that is rounded and does not have the flat on it like the new prowlers that looks like it would help with ft. bumper / tire clearance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts