Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

What is the plug under the shifter suppose to connect to? It does not have much slack on it, and I don't see what it is suppose to power.:confused:

Back up light option?

The Prowler is a 2006, totally stock

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
It a powered feed for what ever you want it for

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
I think this is the one your talking about, like Joe said it's for accessories. My is bundled with the wires that go to the winch switch.

IMAG0227.jpg

·
Registered
733 Posts
Good question! I've often wondered what it was for.. is it only powered when the ignition is on? I'm assuming its 12volt?

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
yes it is fused,i used mine for my electric temp gauge,and there is one under the dash to,i used it for my oil gauge,my gauges come with the same plug ins........

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is also good information. I plan on putting in a 3 gauge cluster in the center of the dash and was not wanting to run a ton of wire up to it. I will check to see if the one under the shifter is powered full time. I want to use it to power the relay that will fire up some lights.

·
Registered
733 Posts
yes it is fused,i used mine for my electric temp gauge,and there is one under the dash to,i used it for my oil gauge,my gauges come with the same plug ins........
Really good to know stuff.. looks like I now have my winter project! where is the plug under the dash? I think I'll use that one for some guages too... where did you get your guages?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't decided who to buy the gauges though yet, JEG's or Summit. I haven't found the power under the dash yet either. I just tested the power under the shifter and it is only hot when the ignitions on.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
the plug under the dash is on the right hand side of the ignition switch your manual will tell you where its at.it does on my 06 650,i got my gauges through utv inc.and they also have the wireing harness to fit the prowler so you dont have to splice any wires.as for as the gauges you can get them anywhere,mine are autometer.and the plugs are only powered when key is on.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Mine has 3 accessory plugs. One under dash that I used to power gauges and radio, one under shifter, and one back behind the battery case (which I thing previous owner added). They are all keyed power.

r1speedkills, I purchased these gauges and love them!

Intellitronix Corp.

They work great and look awesome (especially at night). And you can get them in any color you want to match your ride.

P.S. Crapy looking pic... This was during the install..

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
Mine has 3 accessory plugs. One under dash that I used to power gauges and radio, one under shifter, and one back behind the battery case (which I thing previous owner added). They are all keyed power.

Intellitronix Corp.

They work great and look awesome (especially at night). And you can get them in any color you want to match your ride.

Like your gauges Daryle_TN!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Thank you sir!

·
Registered
432 Posts

Intellitronix Corp.

I been tryin' to find that AM station 0303. No luck, what kinda music do they play?:D

·
Registered
412 Posts
lol... I had just powered up the radio and that's what is was on! In my area the only thing you get on that station is static... Everything else is country or classic rock...

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
you know Daryle your right and the rest of you guys might want to check to,I have a acc plug around the battery also.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts