Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Just got back with XTZ from Unisteer last night. Took it for maiden voyage this morning. I have to say i am impressed. The steering is different than i expected. It is not overly easy. Firm, and that is good. It is one handable, but still firm and very responsive. Doesn't jump around on rough ground. I had some reservations about that.Super at slow speeds in the rocks, and easy enough to drive and drink at the same time,not that anyone would do that. The rack-zilla is awsome also. It has large tie rods and the heim joints have plenty of clearance with the suspension all the way extended.No problems with hitting the wheels.Pricing is reasonable for both.I think retail on steering is 995, and sounds like a lot , butwhen you get older like me the ease of steering is very welcome. The rack-zilla is just over 400 dollars , but with it you get over sized tie rods and heim joints instead of ball joints as well as new rack.And by the way the stock ball joint dont let the suspension travel all the way to the bottom. I think Unisteer is working with Arctic Cat to fix that problem from factory in the future. I would recomend these upgrades to anyone, for performance uses or just cruising the trails with a cold one in you hand.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh ya, You can call Unisteer at 800-338-9080 ext. 41. Brandon. or go to Unisteer .com. This is brand new so you won't find it in the catalog yet.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Sounds Good!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if I can figure out how to post ya. I havnt figured that out yet. The rack-zilla looks great. I will work on posting some pics. Can i post pics from email on here?

·
Registered
12 Posts
bob did u get both the powersteering and rackzilla ?
if not on the power steering are the tie rods bigger than stock?
reason im asking just took mine out last weekend and already broke a tie rod.

thanks

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes , I got both the electric steer and the rack-zilla. The rack is awsome, very heavy duty. Don't think i will be breaking these tie rods. The electric steering is a little different than i expected. It is much easier than armstrong , stock, but you can still feel the steering. I like it cause you can feel the dirt or whatever your on better than with full power.The electric steer doesn't come with tie rods, but the rack does.With this rack you get full range of shocks where as with stock you don't. I think probably get another 1 to 2 inches of travel with performance rack.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts