Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I drove a Rhino with the power assist steering, it was really cool! works really well!

I cant wait to get this for my Cat!!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Power steering would be nice in some rocky situations. What happens when it fails? Is it still steerable or just alot harder to steer?

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
That is a great question?? i will be running it on my Rhino, so i will get some pics and stuff posted. I hope if it breaks it is just hard to steer.

I know some peeps who ride aggressive with no issues, also most of the racers are going that direction and i havent heard about problems, so that is a good sign i hope.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I have tried to order the Prowler version from them and it was not ready just yet, that was a month ago or more. So maybe its ready now?

I will be running the Unisteer on my Rhino:)

·
Registered
338 Posts
It feels like stock when the power is turned off to it so you wont have any issues if it does have a problem. Funny thing is alot of cars on the road come with electric power steering now.

·
Registered
682 Posts
my XTZ is at unisteer right now. They are putting power steering and there rackzilla on it. Should be ready anytime. They had to Build different heim joints for rackzilla , but it should take care of tie rods and do away with ball joints. They said that the stock ball joints on tie rods were bottoming out before it got to the end of the shock travel. Might be something for ac to look into .Can't wait to get it back. The hard steering was one of the only things i didn't like about it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I downloaded the instructions for installing the Unisteer power steering unit. It is fairly complicated, and I would not do it myself or even ask a dealer to do it until he had done several. Their Rackzilla rack and pinion steering unit does look fairly simple to install though, and I will be getting one of these within the next year.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I understand the value of power steering, but why a rack & pinion? Is there a problem with the original steering?

·
Registered
682 Posts
no problem with steering , but tie rods are to small and ball joints arn't holding up. The rackzilla has thick wall pipe for tie rod and heim joints instead of ball joints. Should be much stronger. And this universal thing sounds like a health care system, I don't want anything to do with that.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I have not seen a rack fail yet.And have not seen a tie rod end fail,What does fail or bend is the tie rod itself.
I would have to agree with you on the universal deal though.I will wait till they have the kit for the prowler.

That's good to know. I will order in a set of tie rods and keep them in the tool kit, along with my other field repair parts.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts