Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called my dealership to price out power steering and its $1500 cad. Is there any other options out there guys ?

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
I remember seeing a setup stateside for around 800.00, not sure how bad the tariff would be to get it to Canada. Anyone remember the brand?

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I called my dealership to price out power steering and its $1500 cad. Is there any other options out there guys ?
are you slight of build or shorter [no flame intended] ?? .. the steering isn't real bad except when sitting still on pavement / cement .. once rolling especially on dirt it's effortless even moving slow. IMHO

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
That is what I think also! Only time power steering would help is when in 4 wheel drive, and the front differential locked! But then you are limited on speed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm 5' 9 and 240. My wife is small and drives it. Every trail here is rutted hard clay. We drove one with power steering and once you have you don't want to go with out

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
well we all have the idea of the perfect rig :) what's good for me isn't the perfect rig for someone else for sure ..

sorry for HiHacked thread .. hope you find your needs for sure

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I'm 5' 9 and 240. My wife is small and drives it. Every trail here is rutted hard clay. We drove one with power steering and once you have you don't want to go with out
I know I love my powersteering Quad......but if not careful you can over steer it on the back roads.I choose not to get it on my new Sport,didn't want to take the chance of it throwing codes all the time,plus on the back roads i know this machine can be oversteered very easy......

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
If my wife drove, it would make sense, or if we drove rutted trails. I drove the Rhino in AZ, and by the end of the day my wrists were killing me! Power Steering, or a dampener would have sure helped!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Interesting! Good report on Amazon! I'm thinking about a front stabilizer for mine, if the Turf Saver go's away I might have a better idea on what the steering effort is!

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Have to look at that site! Wrist snap is painful! Especially the 4th, or 5th time in a row!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts