Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

Power steering

11K views 31 replies 8 participants last post by  mlh1962 
#1 ·
I think this should complete my project.....Wicked Bilt power steering.........Going to 30'' tires made it steer a little harder,and after having power steering on my King Quad,I decided to put it on my sport..........I've heard nothing but great feedback on satv and wicked Bilt power steering units..

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Always something to add! Is that a direct fit for the sport?

Reactions: de3
#3 ·
$$$$$ ????? so what was the damage ?

#4 ·
Yeah, we are all sitting down! LOL

#5 ·
Got my Wicked Bilt power steering installed,,,,,,,,,all I can say is that its awesome,by far the best mod I have ever done.RD Yes its a direct fit for my sport.........Price 549 to the door,less than a set of wheels and tires

#7 ·
I plan to avoid power steering try outs at all costs! If I tried one, I'd have to buy one!

Reactions: Maximus4444
#10 ·
ROFLMAO!

Nice to know there is a good after market supplier!

de3, I know what you mean about having Power Steering. After having it on the HDX, I don't think I would get another side by side without it. Just turns so nice and smooth!

Then again, I have no idea what a Side by side feels like without Power steering. Wish we could have jumped into a side by side sooner!

#11 ·
If its out there DE3 will find it! Talk about Arctic Cat knowledge!

#15 ·
You are going to make me spend some money if you keep this up! LOL

#16 ·
Welcome to my world! You guys always spend my money... Usually pretty wisely.

#17 ·
What?????????????????????????????????????????????LOL

#19 ·
Need to think on that one! I've always liked a heavy steer on dirt! Suspension is next on my list, then who knows?

#22 ·
I gotta get serious about suspension soon!

#23 ·
Ya, me too. The stock 650 H1 shock/springs are just too weak. 2" inside spring diameter makes it impossible to find good replacement springs. Still thinking some XTZ's may do the trick.

#24 ·
Still looking at AFCO for springs, only problem/concern I have is that the stock shock tabs are weak!

#26 ·
I keep looking for a cheap alternative, but finally figured there ain't one! LOL

Reactions: Bryan
#27 ·
I really need an alternative to mine, too. But to spend another 1200 to 1800 bucks on shocks, is hard to swallow. Looking for some used XTZ front shocks to replace the tiny ones on my XT. Even with new 100# plus springs, it won't support the plow. It nose dives 3" when raising the blade. When the blade is snow packed, its real bad.

#28 ·
Mine will drop with the plow weight, but not to bad all things considered!

#29 ·
after several 70-100 mile rides in the desert I think I need to upgrade shock also , damn desert beats the hell out of you and the machine LOL

yesterdays ride was a 90 mile loop through mostly rock garden stiff

OH and then this ... got back from the shower [use the RV parks as it's bigger than the trailers] as was sitting in the trailer , neighbor starts banging on the wall of the trailer and says Hey Gary get out here .. a guy from across the RV park was driving back into the park from the bar ... yup you guessed it idiot drives smack dab into the front center of my truck .. cops hauled him away as DUI , he goes to jail and starts a big hubbub there smacks an officer so now he has an additional heavy duty charge .. find out he has a suspended lic. for DUI and can't see well either ..... MONDAYS hate them lol

#30 ·
Oh man! That will ruin your day! Glad they caught him and hope he has insurance and you come out ok. That really sucks!

#31 ·
Fools, and Drunks!~ Just can't get away from them! Hope everything works out for you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.