Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had both my seats out and noticed there was no filter behind the drivers seat, there is a removable panel that say's "Filter Access" on it. I looked at a parts diagram online, and it is not shown there either, but there is one on the passenger side. Anyone know if there is supposed to be a filter, or not?? the tube seems to be the same size as the passenger side tube. I don't know where the tube goes to on the drivers side.

thanks

twocats

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply, I see the filters are in different locations, I guess there is only the one.

I am new to these, and don't want to make a costly mistake.

twocats

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
The tube behind the drivers seat is air in for your CVT, on the XTZ they have the pre filter behind the driver.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
The tube behind the drivers seat is air in for your CVT, on the XTZ they have the pre filter behind the driver.
That's correct RD,I know on the 2010 700 they show filter doors on both seat pans.

·
Registered
109 Posts
My 2009 550 is the same way. I wasn't sure either so I called the dealer and asked. They told me you should have a filter on the passenger side only. So that's what I will go with I guess. Just thought it was kinda odd.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
My 2009 550 is the same way. I wasn't sure either so I called the dealer and asked. They told me you should have a filter on the passenger side only. So that's what I will go with I guess. Just thought it was kinda odd.
The pre-filter on the passenger side is for your air box,the one on the drivers side is for the intake on your cvt (Belt)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
The pre-filter on the passenger side is for your air box,the one on the drivers side is for the intake on your cvt (Belt)
I don't have my 2010 duct work yet, but soon. Is there any reason not to install a pre-filter on the cvt intake as well? Seems like it would be nice to help keep the dust out of there as well.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I don't have my 2010 duct work yet, but soon. Is there any reason not to install a pre-filter on the cvt intake as well? Seems like it would be nice to help keep the dust out of there as well.
You can,but I would install it dry,so it wont restrict your air flow as much.I am gonna put one on mine.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
You can,but I would install it dry,so it wont restrict your air flow as much.I am gonna put one on mine.
Dry was all I was thinking of doing. I left my Uni pre-filter dry off of my air box. I was thinking if the 2010 duct work has a port to install a dry filter on both the air box and cvt intake, why not do it?

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Dry was all I was thinking of doing. I left my Uni pre-filter dry off of my air box. I was thinking if the 2010 duct work has a port to install a dry filter on both the air box and cvt intake, why not do it?
I would filter both of them.Yyc has never got back with me on his 2010 duct work.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I had a rock stuck in my cvt intake once

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I would filter both of them.Yyc has never got back with me on his 2010 duct work.
I believe the 2010s leave both pre filters dru

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I did just order an outerwears sock for my pre filter to help my K&N (SandChris) 13.90 shipped.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I did just order an outerwears sock for my pre filter to help my K&N (SandChris) 13.90 shipped.
Joe I had a spring off my exhaust go into my intake on my CVT,cost me a belt.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Joe I had a spring off my exhaust go into my intake on my CVT,cost me a belt.
I was lucky the rock was stuck in the end of the tube.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I'm taking RD's few spare duct work pieces off his hands, and will have to order the rest of the items. Then comes the dust shield. Projects and expenses never end.....:rolleyes::D Once I get the kit, I'll evaluate the setup but will likely add a 2nd filter. I'm hoping my current Uni pre filter will work on the 2010 airbox intake tube. I'm kind of thinking it will, but will have to wait and see.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I'm taking RD's few spare duct work pieces off his hands, and will have to order the rest of the items. Then comes the dust shield. Projects and expenses never end.....:rolleyes::D Once I get the kit, I'll evaluate the setup but will likely add a 2nd filter. I'm hoping my current Uni pre filter will work on the 2010 airbox intake tube. I'm kind of thinking it will, but will have to wait and see.
Good news Shane,you should P/M Yyc and see what he has left.I would filter both.my second filter should be in I had to order it.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I havent ordered the 2010 cvt stuff yet, but I will soon.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Good news Shane,you should P/M Yyc and see what he has left.I would filter both.my second filter should be in I had to order it.
I'll send him a pm.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts