Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes the primary clutch for a 2012 Prowler 1000 XTZ? I know cvtech makes the secondary but cant find any markings on the primary.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
not having a clutch problem to work on one or having a modified one no help here

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I think they both come from CVTech, tried to run them down with little success.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Rob what did you figure out on your primary.....................
going to keep it. going to put Dr.Pulley 24 gram slide weights in it. that should fix it. I like the bottom end and mid power it gives me. Lost some on the top but I leave the Polaris xp 900 behind and that's all that matters.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Well I put the dr pulley weights in. Sure glad it did not cost much. In a nut shell not the fix I'm looking for. Maybe should of bought the ones from AJ's. These ones are not high enough. so it takes away a lot of top end. I'm not very impressed with airdams clutch's. I think my stock was just as good if not better. Next I'm just going to put a full set of 23 gram rollers in and hope that it is a close to what I had.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Playing with the rollers can get frustrating! My stock rollers were the Red 19gram units, went with EPI kit and they included 22gram rollers. Tried 28gram with the new engine, but did not try to fine tune the combo. Finally settled on 23gram rollers for the trip to NH. Were your stock rollers 33gram (Black AC)?

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Well I put the dr pulley weights in. Sure glad it did not cost much. In a nut shell not the fix I'm looking for. Maybe should of bought the ones from AJ's. These ones are not high enough. so it takes away a lot of top end. I'm not very impressed with airdams clutch's. I think my stock was just as good if not better. Next I'm just going to put a full set of 23 gram rollers in and hope that it is a close to what I had.
So the slide weights didn't make a difference.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Playing with the rollers can get frustrating! My stock rollers were the Red 19gram units, went with EPI kit and they included 22gram rollers. Tried 28gram with the new engine, but did not try to fine tune the combo. Finally settled on 23gram rollers for the trip to NH. Were your stock rollers 33gram (Black AC)?
stock are 28 with stock clutching. The air dam clutch off the prowler came with 20's. I have read on line 23's work the best. Now I have a full set picked them up at the local Cat dealer today. I'm not getting rid of my Wild cat any time soon. It still has a better ride than my buddies xp 900 I'm just a little slower.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
stock are 28 with stock clutching. The air dam clutch off the prowler came with 20's. I have read on line 23's work the best. Now I have a full set picked them up at the local Cat dealer today. I'm not getting rid of my Wild cat any time soon. It still has a better ride than my buddies xp 900 I'm just a little slower.
Well at least we got your input,what did those slide weights do just give you more RPM'S.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
AC Rollers at 25 bucks a set is hard to beat! I bet your Wildcat was very good down low! Let us know how the 23 gram rollers work.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Well at least we got your input,what did those slide weights do just give you more RPM'S.
These slide rollers I bought where not tall enough. so to many rpm at the bottom and at the top it never got into high gear so no speed. The principal is a great idea. I think it would work if they where the same height as the roller. I'm going to do some more research and see what else I can find.
this guy sells them to but would like to see them before I order another set.

Aj's Wildcat Accessories

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
When you mention height, I'm thinking diameter of the roller, or am I out in left field?

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
No wonder you had RPM's! Looks like it would never fully extend the fixed plate! Thanks for sharing, I almost ordered a set!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Looks like you had to shave it to even fit. Guess I won't be looking at these.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts