Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 700 xtx and from what I have read it has the turf tamer rear diff. I locked in 4x4 and I think the rear end stayed locked in. What's the best way to unlock it. Any help is greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I have a 2010 700 xtx and from what I have read it has the turf tamer rear diff. I locked in 4x4 and I think the rear end stayed locked in. What's the best way to unlock it. Any help is greatly appreciated
If you have the turf saver rear diff and it's a live axle now,you will have to tear it down.must members didn't like the turf saver.fairmont79 can probably tell you what is wrong,must of the time they act like they're stripped out when they go bad.I know the 2009 700xtx had the turf saver,not sure how many years they used it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
What you mean stay locked? Did you mean diff lock next to light and 4wd switch. It only affect in front diff. Rear diff is not ever locked. If it is turf saver. Im only 90% sure but someone will confirm or adjust my claim

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
2008,09,and 10 700 XTX's were the only models that had the Turf Saver Rear End. Both rear wheels are locked thru a clutch pack at all times, the rear end will unlock while turning, or anytime one wheel has more traction than the other. I'm pushing 3,800 miles on mine, and it still functions fine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts