Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rears mount upside down.

If they mount normal the resivor will rub on tire.
Per Walker it will have no ill effect.
They ride great just not excited about it they could have clocked them so it was upright and resivor parallel to machine frame but oh well.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I was just curious because It looks scary being that low to the ground with all of the FOD that could hit the reservoirs.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Are your seats lowered? You should move the engine back, bed deleat ect.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I carry the kids in the back so I cannot delete the bed.
Yes seats are lowered 3"
I may drop the bed if there is room.
I have a new rear cage in progress just waiting to see if I drop the bed b-4 I go any further with the rear cage.

I too was worried about the resivors but now my mind is at ease as I ran all last year that way and had no issues.
All in all they are great shock's and I highly recommend them as they were my best investment.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Riddler have you checked your frame for cracks yet at the front uprights in the middle of the top of the dash? You have it apart enough to check it.
Yes I gave it a good check but wanted to know where they were prone to cracking so I can give special attn. to those areas.

prowler parts for sale 050.jpg
prowler parts for sale 052.jpg

Also I see they sell gusset kits.
I can make my own if someone wants to share where they go.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
That is where I was going to suggest you check next. But where I was referring to was the uprights that make into the horizontal tube steel that the top of your dash connects to. With your storage out you can see the parts real good. So from the pics. you have taken go back and up some and you will be there.
Sandchris
Is this where you were referring too....

View attachment 1981

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I beefed my dash brace and upper shock mounts too... :D

Actually, the areas you are beefing are good to do. Another thing you can do is install tubes into the round upper A-arm mount tubes and install square tubes into the main frame tubing where the a-arms mount. Then consider beefing the a-arm mount tabs as those are pretty flimsy to begin with.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts