Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

ProMark 3500lb Winch installation question

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  rlajack1217 
#1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone else has purchased and installed a Promark winch on their prowler.
I have a 2008 Prowler and I punched a 3500lb Promark Winch and mounting bracket from Promark and it doesn't seem to be lining up correctly. If I install the bracket per the instructions the power leads from the winch rest on the frame, which obviously is not correct. I was wondering if by chance any of you had the same setup and if you had pictures of how yours is installed.

Because I have less than 15 post I can't include a link on this post. So if you go to Photobucket and search for my username which is rlajack1217@hotmail.com you'll see all my "Prowler" Album.

Thanks for your help.

#2 ·
Mine isn't a Promark, mine is a Venom.. But I had a simliar problem on my '08 Prowler. If I were to mount it how the directions said, one of the power leads would be against the frame.

See this thread: prowlertalk.net/forums/arctic-cat-prowler-general-discussions/2507-mounting-winch-angle.html

I didn't use the Fairlead mount at all. I just used the model specific mount that came with the winch for extra strength and just ran the bolts through the front of the Prowler into the winch. I used longer bolts on the bottom where it went through the roller fairlead into the winch.

The winch manufacturer said it was OK for me to mount this winch at any angle. I'm not sure if they're all like that or not.

#4 ·
Glad it worked out. Good customer service makes all the difference in the world.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.