Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 2012 and 2013 700 prowler hdx prowler. I want feed back of the pros and cons of prowler. Likes and dislikes and especially reliability of Prowler. I want to spend my money wisely. Need your help with your opinions.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Welcome to the best prowler site.from what I have heard the HDX is a very good machine,great machine to work with.I think you would be happy with it.what is your riding style.:)

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Welcome, the pros that I like about the HDX is the bench seat, larger bed that converts to a flat bed. You might check out the accessories available to make sure you can get what you want.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Welcome to the forum! The 700 engine makes for decent performance, bench seat is a plus! Cargo Box/Flatbed at 1,000 Lbs. capacity is great, the storage compartments on both sides is handy. All positives points from my view! Prowler reliability has improved through the years, and they have kept their basic design. Resale value on the Prowlers in my area seem to be on the rise, and most new prowlers where we live seem to be HDX's. Great Machine IMHO!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Welcome to the forum! The 700 engine makes for decent performance, bench seat is a plus! Cargo Box/Flatbed at 1,000 Lbs. capacity is great, the storage compartments on both sides is handy. All positives points from my view! Prowler reliability has improved through the years, and they have kept their basic design. Resale value on the Prowlers in my area seem to be on the rise, and most new prowlers where we live seem to be HDX's. Great Machine IMHO!
My local dealer also said the HDX is there biggest seller.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
My wife might go for a HDX now that they have it in Red, she didn't like the other colors.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Just glancing at the specs I would get the Limited version it has the differential lock.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
The only cons I can think of the Prowler are they are a little noisy with the whine of the belt, and aftermarket parts aren't as plentiful as the more popular brands. However, on the noise front, I don't really have any experience with other brands. So I really don't know how noisy they are in comparison.

They HDX looks like a nice setup with the bench seat and larger bed. It would definitely come in handy for what I use my Prowler for.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
The only cons I can think of the Prowler are they are a little noisy with the whine of the belt, and aftermarket parts aren't as plentiful as the more popular brands. However, on the noise front, I don't really have any experience with other brands. So I really don't know how noisy they are in comparison.

They HDX looks like a nice setup with the bench seat and larger bed. It would definitely come in handy for what I use my Prowler for.
Could you put a seat back there,with the short sides.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I went by Bass Pro today and picked up my axle C-clip and out front was a HDX 700 in camo, wife said I don't like the color... went inside and while I was picking up the part she was checking out another one on the floor it was silver and she liked it and thought the 13,000 price wasn't bad. I think she would have been happy to trade ours in but I'm not ready to spend the bucks yet. I thought the seats were more comfortable than mine.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I went by Bass Pro today and picked up my axle C-clip and out front was a HDX 700 in camo, wife said I don't like the color... went inside and while I was picking up the part she was checking out another one on the floor it was silver and she liked it and thought the 13,000 price wasn't bad. I think she would have been happy to trade ours in but I'm not ready to spend the bucks yet. I thought the seats were more comfortable than mine.
You better go get it,or someone else will.:D

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Well he's heard some Pros to the HDX does anyone have any Cons he needs to think about? Somebody here bought one last winter I seen him plowing driveways last winter and looked like he was getting around very well. If I find out who it is I'll ask his opinion.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Well he's heard some Pros to the HDX does anyone have any Cons he needs to think about? Somebody here bought one last winter I seen him plowing driveways last winter and looked like he was getting around very well. If I find out who it is I'll ask his opinion.
The only thing I have really heard is sometimes the dash shiftier is hard to shift.

·
Registered
432 Posts
....noticed last weekend at the dealer that the air filter box is behind the engine and lower, for those of you that like go swimmin':D
BTW, I was at the dealership because the lever on my shifter axle broke off. It was only tack welded on from the factory. Dealer said he had never seen one broke:D.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
....noticed last weekend at the dealer that the air filter box is behind the engine and lower, for those of you that like go swimmin':D
BTW, I was at the dealership because the lever on my shifter axle broke off. It was only tack welded on from the factory. Dealer said he had never seen one broke:D.
SO ON THE HDX,it is lower than on your prowler.did they re-weld yours or put a new one on it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
SO ON THE HDX,it is lower than on your prowler.did they re-weld yours or put a new one on it.
I believe it is, the HDX air filter box is behind the engine low enough that it does not interfere with dump bed. Yes, they re-welded it (barely welded to begin with), I just took in the shifter axle, but sure they would have sold me a new one for around $30 n tx. Weld looks good. The price was right! Good dealer:D

1 - 20 of 45 Posts