Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok now that a few of you have had the opportunity to drive your 1000's have you noticed the driveline clutch kick in at all?

The reason I ask, is that when I did my T-cat motor install, I also replaced the front and rear diffs with the 3.1 diffs that are in the 1000's. I had to custom build the drivelines as there was no way to get the driveline from a 1000 yet.

Anyhow there is a slip clutch on the nose of the rear diff, I have read that a lot of T-cat owners were removing it, or disabling it due to unwanted slipage on hard acceleration. I chose to swap out my nose cone with my 4.0 diff and eliminate the slip yoke on mine. It really is a neat idea if you are not the kind of driver that will let off the gas in a airborn situation.

Anyway has anyone had any experience with it kicking in yet? It is my undersatanding that it is a noticable noise when it does slip.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I only put about 50 miles on mine and i didnt notice any slippage or noise. I actually thought the opposite. As soon as i hit it, It was on and hooking up and rocking. i will look keep this in mind and check back with you after my next ride. I would also let you drive it if I see you at Glamis.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I never noticed it when i had it out. If it is a noticeable sound, I never heard it. I did plenty of hard accelerating at the dunes too..................

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I never noticed it when i had it out. If it is a noticeable sound, I never heard it. I did plenty of hard accelerating at the dunes too..................

Hey did you notice when you just give it a little gas the thing jumps? Its hard to ease into it. My buddy Blake was just driving from one side of our camp to the other and, it was funny he spilled his drink and his girls drink all in their laps just trying to go slow across camp lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hey did you notice when you just give it a little gas the thing jumps? Its hard to ease into it. My buddy Blake was just driving from one side of our camp to the other and, it was funny he spilled his drink and his girls drink all in their laps just trying to go slow across camp lol
It took me a little while to get used to it. I don't really notice it anymore. The throttle is really stiff though. It's like anything, after the first 15 minutes, you figure it out. It was hard to go really slow at first. But then again, who wants to go slow in that thing????????

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hey phat cat are the gears in the new prowler different than the t-cat. That might explain them not noticing anything.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope they are both 3.1's... (t-cat and prowler 1000)
The others are 4.0

·
Registered
682 Posts
I've only driven a few miles , but the dealer told me it had some sort of slip clutch to keep from snapping axles. Sounded like a good idea with the acceleration it has. I haven't noticed any noise in mine yet though. It is a little touchy on slow take offs, but thats ok. It rocks!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did get a set of the cast Iron knuckles.. Aside from being very heavy and made of cast iron they look identicle to the aluminum ones..

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have not yet had that happen yet and I have been in the dessert and dunes so far
I ride harder than the average bear, which may have something to do with it..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts